PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Zapping issues and tuner failed issue on ET9200 ViX 2.3

garry1312
27-01-12, 22:55
When I go to zap to a channel sometimes it takes a long time and the ViX spinner will appear. This can happen from zapping through the channels, using the EPG or the Bouquets list. Also when flicking through channels I sometimes get 'Tuner Failed' message.

I know this is not a receiver issue as I have tried other images and do not get these issues. I have also flashed the ViX image three times now with the same issues each time.

Are these known problems? Is there a fix?

Stanman
27-01-12, 23:46
Where do you have your Picons located?

If on the HDD can you move them to USB

Also have you done online update - you will have a flashing green icon on the infobar if any are available

Rob van der Does
01-02-12, 07:53
Would be nice to keep us posted, garry 1312.

garry1312
01-02-12, 13:21
Hi sorry guys been run off my feet at work. Moved picons to the flash memory (as it is just UK picons)

This has resolved the time in which it takes to zap. Still getting the tuner failed message from time to time not as much.

Yes using the latest build :)

Rob van der Does
01-02-12, 14:36
Moved picons to the flash memory (as it is just UK picons). This has resolved the time in which it takes to zap.
That's the very best place for picons, even if you have many more.

garry1312
01-02-12, 17:13
Cool thats were I always keep my picons on receivers mate think they run best from there :)

manikm
05-02-12, 16:30
really i thought they need to be on HDD or USB stick, as many writes i thought could damage flash mem

Sicilian
05-02-12, 16:40
I prefer to store on USB too.

Rob van der Does
05-02-12, 16:48
really i thought they need to be on HDD or USB stick, as many writes i thought could damage flash mem
Don't worry, you won't wear your flash by writing picons to it.
And as flash is much faster and you have plenty of it, why should you not use it?

Only good reason I can think of, is for testers flashing a box multiple times a day; if picons are on USB they stay there and don't have to be re-installed after every flash.