PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with lack of tutorial information available

shaft
27-01-12, 18:23
Hi

I bought one of these boxes from this site for my brother. (I have an ET9100, which was easy to configure.)

I did so because of the advertising that it "WORKS WITH CCcam OR NEWCAMD as a CLIENT, EASILY PATCHED VIA USB. NO FTP OR NETWORKING KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED." (From this site)

I know we cannot discuss cccam information here but I cannot find any information of how to set up this box ANYWHERE! I have Googled for hours.
Can anybody please point me in the right direction.

shaft.

silverfox0786
27-01-12, 18:33
try the official support forum for the eagle box

i got one and find it a doddle to use

also look here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12995-How-to-patch-your-Eaglebox-HD-Mini

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12999-How-to-use-Eaglebox-HD-quot-Super-Setting-quot

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12997-How-to-load-an-EagleboxHD-Softcam

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12996-How-to-load-EagleboxHD-Super-Setting-details

they are all stickies here

just need to look

shaft
27-01-12, 21:37
Wow! I feel humbled Silverfox. I use your picons and bouquets on my ET9100 - I feel like I'm talking to a legend!

I'd already read and tried those suggestions. I have patched the box with Aquila's 14/12/11 patch. But the CCCam config in Super Setting is really confusing me. Do I still have to download a CCCam version and install it or is it already installed by the patch?

On the ET, I downloaded a version of CCCam from the box, then I just pasted my entire Nline in the CCcam.cfg file and uploaded it to the appropriate directory:

Example Nline: N: DNSorIPaddress port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 ...

On the HD800 I have this format:

Server No 1
Server Switch On
Server Address
TCP Port
User Name
Password
Test

There doesn't seem anywhere to put the N: or the 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 ...

Data
27-01-12, 22:09
you still need to install the cccam patch after the aquila patch. then it will work.

silverfox0786
27-01-12, 22:21
the latest patch is january patch again on this forum

cccam is pre build in the image i think it 2.1.1 version

as for the line i cant go into details but make a cfg file add yr line to it all in notepad and add to usb and patch it accross using above turorials

shaft
28-01-12, 17:36
Thanks silverfox.
Do I have to upload the cfg file and configure the CCCam details in super settings? I have tried one or the other and both, but still no joy :confused:

silverfox0786
28-01-12, 17:38
the way i do it is to just use the remote control to tyrpe in all the details manually

you go in blind a little as its stared * out but as long as yr sure no mistakes are made its works just fine

shaft
28-01-12, 19:28
I've got it going Mr Fox!! Thanks for your advice.

Rob van der Does
29-01-12, 06:41
Wow! I feel humbled Silverfox.
OK, shall we change the title of this topic to 'overwhelmed by the amount of info' or so :D

shaft
29-01-12, 11:33
Rob - You've been a bit naughty there, taking my quote completely out of context :p

But seriously, a BIG thanks for all of the advice I've received. It has been frustrating (especially the remote with a mind of it's own) and I still don't know why it didn't work to start with.

Give me my ET9100 anyday. That box is lovely to work on but I guess that's why it cost 4 times as much. :)

shaft.

Rob van der Does
29-01-12, 11:39
Rob - You've been a bit naughty there, taking my quote completely out of context :p

That's the prerogative of quoting. Pressmen even make a living out of that, not to speak of gutter journalism :D

RockHopper
29-01-12, 12:59
To view what you have typed into CCCam, go to super settings/CCCam config/press Red button on remote, aBox will pop up enter 7878 and it will unlock Hidden details

shaft
29-01-12, 16:25
Thanks Rock, I seem to recall at least one other occasion where I was presented with an input code before I could progress. Do you know of any others?

RockHopper
29-01-12, 16:28
super settings
Menu -> Setting -> Version.
When the Cursor is on the Version option, press the red button
Enter the PIN 1510

cga
02-06-12, 13:21
Wow! I feel humbled Silverfox. I use your picons and bouquets on my ET9100 - I feel like I'm talking to a legend!

I'd already read and tried those suggestions. I have patched the box with Aquila's 14/12/11 patch. But the CCCam config in Super Setting is really confusing me. Do I still have to download a CCCam version and install it or is it already installed by the patch?

On the ET, I downloaded a version of CCCam from the box, then I just pasted my entire Nline in the CCcam.cfg file and uploaded it to the appropriate directory:

Example Nline: N: DNSorIPaddress port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 ...

On the HD800 I have this format:

Server No 1
Server Switch On
Server Address
TCP Port
User Name
Password
Test

There doesn't seem anywhere to put the N: or the 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 ...

Loading the super setting details as below. Where do I get details I have been given? I'm a bit lost here. Can some one tell me?

Do I need to install CCcam? I have the latest patch for HD800

To load super setting details:

Edit the attached txt file to add the details you have been given.

Copy it to a USB stick

insert it in your Eaglebox HD

Menu - Setting - Upgrade - USB/Card Upgrade - /udska1

Select the file

Press OK and wait.. the receiver will reboot.

basilyoung
02-06-12, 13:40
Loading the super setting details as below. Where do I get details I have been given? I'm a bit lost here. Can some one tell me?
Do I need to install CCcam? I have the latest patch for HD800
To load super setting details:
Edit the attached txt file to add the details you have been given.
Copy it to a USB stick
insert it in your Eaglebox HD
Menu - Setting - Upgrade - USB/Card Upgrade - /udska1
Select the file
Press OK and wait.. the receiver will reboot.

CCcam, does not need or can be loaded onto the unit, its already there within the patch
I think what you are missing, is the CCcam config, that does need loading onto the unit,

so you need to edit the dummy config, with your details, and remove the #

this is as far as I can go, due to forum rules, also, I did have problems with the latest patch, but the jan 2012 patch is ok

cga
02-06-12, 20:15
So I only need to upload the Shares.txt file but still I don't know where to get all details for the file
Can someone PM me location for this configuration or a sample file so that I can understand what I'm trying to do:)

basilyoung
02-06-12, 20:45
you need to create a file using wordpad++ or wordpad
copy the contents of the dummy file,..read the instructions, and adapt the file to your needs

cga
02-06-12, 20:58
Sorry for being so new to this.

Thanks for the help I just give up

basilyoung
02-06-12, 21:18
You are very close to breaking the forum rules, your best bet, if you dont know, is google, if you are using CCCam you only need to edit the C line, if you are asking about CARD SHARE rather than your own card, you will not get any help here
your best bet is alsats forum, as it is they that fully surport this unit