PDA

View Full Version : Best for fixed dish & double up for motorized motorhome dish?

badsim
27-01-12, 16:57
I am new to the satellite scene & have been toying with the idea of changing my cable over to sat, Could anyone tell me a good entry box for a fixed dish? Not looking at spending loads of money but if i need to spend a little more for a better quality box then so be it, I am looking @ buying a box for my motorhome which has a motorized dish and was wondering if i could use the same box for my house which has a fixed dish? This would be perfect cause i can then justify spending a little more with her indoors. Any help would be great, Thanks

silverfox0786
27-01-12, 17:05
always linux box is the best way to go but alot of reading and learning is needed

you need unix and linux knolledge but easily learnt

a good entry level box is the single tuner ET6000 or Solo then the UNO

for a bit better box go for a DUO or ET9200

and the latest and greatest at the mo is the ULTIMO

then you got the likes of the non linux boxes

take a look at the forum sponsor shop and make a choice any box he has will do you fine

to use the same box on a motor and a fixed would be tricky as you would need to keep changing it from fixed to motorised in the settings

doable but a bit of a hinderence

i would stick fixed or motorised to both to make it easier

but its up to you

:)

badsim
02-07-12, 16:26
Finally picked up my motor home and it has a oyster satellite motorized dish, Which box would be best? After just a cheap entry level box till i get used to what i am doing then may upgrade, Any advice would be great!