PDA

View Full Version : getting music onto disk drive

jrbmw
01-08-10, 19:16
Hi , is there a way to load music onto the hard drive connected to the v+ duo. using a usb pen drive

Regards jrbmw

canthackit
01-08-10, 20:14
yes there is just ftp it.

problem is there's no programs to play it though, Media Player and the like do not have the appropiate drivers as of yet.

regards: canthackit

jrbmw
01-08-10, 20:55
I suppose the answer is to leave the flash drive plugged in. The duo plays the music on it ok

Regards jrbmw

xarqi
02-08-10, 01:23
These posts seem contradictory to me. One says there is no software to play music, another says it works.
Is it that there is software to play it off a USB memory stick, but not off an HDD? Seems unlikely to me.
What am I missing?

t.ph
02-08-10, 10:31
I have loads of mp3's on my HDD and they play perfect and also just tried it on a usb stick and they also play ok straight from that.

notanotherone
02-08-10, 10:49
i have loads of music on my hard drive and play it through media player on BH image in fact im listening to Paolo Nutini right now ,ive never tried usb tho

canthackit
02-08-10, 21:54
ok then care to share what prog you are using to play music files?

'cos Media Player Media Center and Merlin Music none of them will play my files, on my HDD.

unless of course it's due to the fact that i convert all my music to FLAC, and maybe none of the above support it.

notanotherone
02-08-10, 22:01

'cos Media Player Media Center and Merlin Music none of them will play my files, on my HDD.

unless of course it's due to the fact that i convert all my music to FLAC, and maybe none of the above support it.

hi mate im using BH with ghost and i just use media player on the vu

t.ph
02-08-10, 22:13

I think you have maybe answered it yourself

canthackit
02-08-10, 22:29
wot FLAC?

they play perfectly ok on my DB 800 though.

regards:canthackit

t.ph
02-08-10, 22:35
yeah mate FLAC
Thats weird then if they play ok on DB
I have never used that format so it is probably what you said earlier driver/codecs problem

canthackit
03-08-10, 07:45
just transfered some MP3 files over, Media Player played 'em straight away.

mind you compared to FLAC they do sound crappy.

so in answer to the orginal poster i was wrong, music files do play on the VU+ Duo.

though which formats remains a mystery we know MP3 does and FLAC don't, i'm trying to convert some into WAV and WMP see if they work.

thanks & regards: canthackit