PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Error moving recorded files?!

raedkuwait
26-01-12, 18:29
hi,
i have internal hard disk, its almost full, i just connected an external
1 Terra bite usb hdd, the box finds it fine, but when i try to move
the movie from the internal hdd to this external hdd i get an error
msg saying, (error 30) Read-Only file System?!! how can i move
recorded things to this external hdd, i dont want to delete things
that are already in the external hdd

fintannl
26-01-12, 19:32
what software are you using to switch the movie from one disk to another

raedkuwait
26-01-12, 19:44
no softwer, the vu+ move with in the movie list, i press green to move
then i chose the external hdd i get the error msg

pooface
26-01-12, 19:47
What format is the HDD? If it's mtgs, then it won't write to afaik. If it's fat, you can only write up to 4GB files at a time. For best usage, needs to be ext format...

Sent with Tapatalk

raedkuwait
26-01-12, 20:02
it is ntfs as it i have been using it with my pc, mmmmmmmm, so no way to move those movies out of
there to that hdd , mmm, maybe if i attach it to my laptop then use ftp those files to it, will that work?!
and if it does work, whats the best ftp program for fast moving them through lan, not wirless lan as i think
it will b really slow?!

Stanman
26-01-12, 20:13
You could reconnect to your PC and format to FAT32 and than EXT3/4 via the box and HDD setup.

Alternatively slower but you could move them across your network via the computer> network route of drag and drop.

raedkuwait
26-01-12, 20:22
hi , the external hdd already have files on it that i dont want to lose, isnt there
a plugin or something to do this transfer since it does work through the net?!

Stanman
26-01-12, 20:24
If you do the transfer via the HDD connected to your PC, there is no need to format.

Go into my computer (open two sessions) click on the left handside network and expand the list and drill down to the HDD on your box. and in the other session do the same for you PC and than drag and drop

andyblac
27-01-12, 11:09
install 'ntfs-3g' by doing the below in a terminal session, it should just you write access to NTFS drive

opkg install ntfs-3g

then reboot