PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox and cccam

richca
25-01-12, 23:35
Hi all

i seem to have had someone hack my cccam.cfg on my dreambox, can anyone advise how i can prevent people from hacking into it? this is now the second time, even when i changed my password on it they still managed to get into by chaninging the password themselves.

not nice people who think it acceptable to do this to others

thanks

silverfox0786
25-01-12, 23:38
i dont think its cccam mate

i looks like someone hacking into yr hom internet conenction and finding your conencted equptment

then hacking into that

buy a firewalled router

basilyoung
25-01-12, 23:39
for a start of, you clearly are on a cs setup, so only limited help on offer

but, for one, make sure your port 80 is password protected
change your ip address, or dns address,

richca
25-01-12, 23:43
for a start of, you clearly are on a cs setup, so only limited help on offer

but, for one, make sure your port 80 is password protected
change your ip address, or dns address,

ye you are correct, how do i password protect port80? change what ip?

i had some guy from serbia hack into my dreambox before, so i know its possible from anywhere when i have my ports open

thanks

basilyoung
26-01-12, 00:08
if you are on a dynamic ip from your provider, normally, a router disconnection will change the ip, but first kill your no-ip address, and get a new one, once the changes are made

port 80,...dependant on image, change port 80 to 91 or sommit,
cant remember off hand but there is an option to make the port 80/91 or what ever, password protected

richca
26-01-12, 11:53
im using the vix 2.3 image and cant see anywhere how to change port and put a password in,

also what is my no_ip address? dont know what you mean by that, is that like my host address?

thanks

fintannl
26-01-12, 12:39
correct me if i'm wrong but the only way someone can hack into any lan equipment is if you leave ftp or telnet ports open on your router. to my knowledge it is not possible to use , say port 12000, to access a dreambox. it must be port 21 or port 23 and even then you must know the username and password of the dreambox. can someone confirm

Ev0
26-01-12, 13:54
im using the vix 2.3 image and cant see anywhere how to change port and put a password in,

also what is my no_ip address? dont know what you mean by that, is that like my host address?

thanks

Your using vix image on a dm800 ???

richca
26-01-12, 14:48
no, im using a vuo+ duo

i have 2 boxes, a dreambox and vuo+

got mixed up