PDA

View Full Version : Motorhome motorized dish

badsim
25-01-12, 20:28
Hi all i have just bought a motorhome with a motorized dish and was wondering what sort of receiver would be best to couple up to the dish? Don't really know to much about the world of satellite as i have always been on cable @ home! Any help or any recomendations would be welcomed with open arms, Been looking around on here and there seams to be loads of choice. Thanks

silverfox0786
25-01-12, 20:48
i would suggest a ET5000

it has a 12V power supply and can be used idealy in a motor home

or then you could get the

non linux eaglebox hd mini

badsim
25-01-12, 20:57
I think i would be better with a linux based system! Is the et5000 a hd box? I was looking @ the vu+ box, would this be any good for a motorhome? Not really that bothered about it being 12v as i will have hook up most of the time & to run a dish, screen and a tuner off the batteries is prob not the best idea cause it will flatten em real fast! Mainly looking for a good quality system that has good sound, picture & ease of use! Thanks for the quick reply

Stanman
25-01-12, 21:00
ET5000 is a linux box as well,
The DUO is a twin tuner whereas the ET5K is single. Other differences as well but unless your going to spend a hell of a lot of time in the MH, go for the ET5 or 6K or even SOLO.

badsim
25-01-12, 21:09
I hate to do your head in but like i said i am new to satellite, Do i not need a twin tuner? I just thought it would pick more up if it has 2 tuners or is this not the case? Not only that if i can buy a superior piece of equipment first time round i would rather do that, I have bought things in the past and then got used to working with them really fast and then i have to upgrade to a better system, I like to tinker with things, Thanks for the advise and the quick responses.

silverfox0786
25-01-12, 21:12
you dont need a twin

but like you say you can record and watch at same time with a twin

and if you want future proofing then yeah a twin is yr best bet and i would recomment a ET9200 or Vu Duo for that

Stanman
25-01-12, 21:13
The twiner means you can record one and watch another but will need to have two feeds into the box to make the best use of it.

If you want to buy the best than in terms of twin tuners I would suggest ET9200 and for single tuners VU+ DUO. If you really want to push the boat out then the daddy of them all is the DM8000 or VU+ ULtimo but imho for a motor home there an overkill.

badsim
25-01-12, 21:18
Sean the prices of the ultimo & dm8000 and mrs would go beserk & not only that like you said for a motorhome its a bit too much. Not really that bothered about watching and recording at the same time either so i will just go for the best single tuner, Would't mind putting in a big hd tho so i can record stuff! Thanks for the advice chaps! Will let you know what i go for and also how i get on setting it up and stuff!

Stanman
25-01-12, 21:22
For single tuner this is probably the best around, comes with VFD and can take internal HDD.

PM the forum sponsor and he will give you a discount code for £5 off.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Vu/VU-Uno-Single-Tuner-HD-DVB-S2-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver

badsim
25-01-12, 21:29
Will do, Is it easy use and set up? I am not the smartest out there but i aint daft either, i know my way round computers and like i said before i have been on cable for 15 years or so. Thanks again man and if i do buy that one i will make sure i say who pointed me in the right direction!

Stanman
25-01-12, 21:34
With VIX this will be an easy set up. If your comfortable around a PC you wont have any problems.

badsim
06-07-12, 18:00
Finally got round to sorting a box for my motor home, looking for a small box to fit in cupboard and a box that is pretty easy to work round and program up and stuff! Easy searching would be a bonus! Cheers guys

Rob van der Does
06-07-12, 18:11
Lots of choice. A special one is

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392032,00.asp