PDA

View Full Version : advice on setting up my box

supra59uk
24-01-12, 20:36
Hi guys girls

as you may have read is my other posts having some issues with my new box so im now going to carry out a total new fresh install

im going to put vix 2.3 back on
was thinking of ccam 2.3 combind with oscam 6253
what plugins do you recommend which is a known working plugin

whats the best epg for multisat and what service list to use

thanks Paul

Stanman
24-01-12, 21:19
Hi guys girls

as you may have read is my other posts having some issues with my new box so im now going to carry out a total new fresh install

im going to put vix 2.3 back on
was thinking of ccam 2.3 combind with oscam 6253
what plugins do you recommend which is a known working plugin

whats the best epg for multisat and what service list to use

thanks Paul

Not used both in combination but have stable 1.10 works finr as does build 6018.

For multi try the XMLTV downloader in vix.

Service list - I use Vhannibals and had no issues and regularly updated.

supra59uk
24-01-12, 23:33
hi stanman
done my new image all went well
downloaded the channel list which you sugested
put into dreambox edit
loaded to box i got message when finished couldnt restart, so restarted my self settings are all there but when i go to a channel it says n/a on all

tuner config problem so i have gone back to my tuner a and b to check them just set them on simple single on 28e but nothing working have you any ideas
thanks Paul

supra59uk
24-01-12, 23:35
just carring out a manual search of 28e its finding all sat channels so see what happens when its finished

Stanman
24-01-12, 23:36
The Vhannibals are multisat mate, are you just on 28.2E?

If so download the ones in my signature.

Sorry my bad, I thought you wanted multiat channel list.

supra59uk
24-01-12, 23:39
Hi stanman
yes thats correct i have not put my motorised dish on yet just using the two cables off my fixed dish
but surely if i go to sky uk the channels should work ?

basilyoung
24-01-12, 23:40
sounds like your sat xml file is faulty, try going to plugins, settings, and download the catseye listings

also, did you do an online update, nce the new image was loaded??

Stanman
24-01-12, 23:42
Hi stanman
yes thats correct i have not put my motorised dish on yet just using the two cables off my fixed dish
but surely if i go to sky uk the channels should work ?

These ones will def work and no need for scan - last post has current ones

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28.2E

supra59uk
24-01-12, 23:47
Hi Basil yes carried out all the updates first
ok after carring out a manual scan i found 1021 services on my fixed dish and now all the channels are there in the right places strange that lol

supra59uk
24-01-12, 23:50
right ok now i have the channels working on 28 e im going to set my tuner a up as simple with my lat longs and then try the dish to see if it will move will report back
would you agree thats my next step ?

would you guys use tspanel plugin ? dont want to try anything what may balls it up lol

basilyoung
24-01-12, 23:59
thats for downloading cams is,nt it?? never use it myself, but it should be ok,

having said that, its just as easy to man install cams,

Larry-G
25-01-12, 00:00
the TSpanel it self is fine but a lot of the plugins available to download can and will cause problems so be careful what you install from the panel, also once you have the box running as you want it make a image backup. Blue button > ViX > Image manager.

supra59uk
25-01-12, 00:04
i did have it loaded on my last setup its actually a nice plugin you can download allsorts with it, cams epgs, services, any many more things but want to be carefull not to put put on the will render any problems so i will leave that till more peeps give an opinion am i right in doing the next step by changing the tuner a to positioner ready to try the dish ?

basilyoung
25-01-12, 00:07
yes, give it a go,....you have half the forum following your progress :thumbsup:

supra59uk
25-01-12, 00:08
ok pheonix i wont load it yet because not knowing whats ok and whats not could be a problem thanks for that

is there not a sticky for plugins which is ok to use with vix, if not could i make that sugestion as noobies like my self think if its there it must be ok to load

thanks Paul

supra59uk
25-01-12, 00:10
:D:D:D basil
bet your all sick of me lol

basilyoung
25-01-12, 00:13
No,

thats what the forum is about, I was once in your situation

Larry-G
25-01-12, 00:15
as i said mate the Panel in it self is fine and i have used it many times my self. just be careful in what you download from it. for example if you use a ViX image but download and install any of the skins for the BH image you will end up with a full on bootloop. This can easily be fixed but for the newbie it can be a very daunting and scary thing to see their receiver in a bootloop for the first time.

supra59uk
25-01-12, 00:29
yep im learning pretty fast with this box lol even tho had a few problems i have done tonight in about hour what took me three days the first time lol so theres a chance for me yet

there was a plugin which i did like from the tspanel which was live footi telling me the lastest scores ect
have you used that and would it be safe to load?

im going to try my dish first then at least i know its not any plugins causing any problems if it dont work
thanks all you guys for all the help, keep it coming

Larry-G
25-01-12, 00:33
Ive not personally used that particular plugin but it should be fine to use, just make sure you have a backup made just in-case. and if the worst does happen you can flash back to your exact setup now in under 5 minutes.

basilyoung
25-01-12, 00:34
yep,...get the basics sorted first...solid unit/motor etc working

supra59uk
30-01-12, 23:26
hi guys sorry been so long with update
ok well left my spiderbox connected on the motor till todsy just to make sure there was no problems
and its worked perfect, so i desided to reconnect to the xtrend after doing my fresh install, just to add there as been no tuner glitches while my xtrend as been connected to the fixed dish, anyway connected
the motor and the dish will not move bugger lol, tryed goto 0 ,tryed sat find ,tryed manual nothing, so im giving up and sending it to be tested by the experts w.o.t thankyou all for all your efforts helping me will update you when w.o.t checks it out

Thanks Paul