PDA

View Full Version : vu won't start

Data
24-01-12, 17:57
i switched my vu box off by mistake,turned it back on and it would'nt boot,says reading usb then just sticks on starting.
i thought maybe i have corrupted the image so reloaded with the latest vix image,everything went ok,so set it up with all the settings.downloaded some plugins,everything was ok,a bit later i tried to set up epg,had trouble getting it to work,i had downloaded a couple of epg's so deleted one of the plugins in case i had installed both of them.
i rebooted the box,it won't start up again,the same problem as before just sticking on starting.
could the box firmware have been corrupted? can the firmware be reflashed and how.
any help would be welcome

silverfox0786
24-01-12, 18:03
i have seen this happen on a ET9000 but not a Vu

the way i fixed it was to get a backup image of a working box and flash it to corrupt box and that fixed it

after that a clean flash worked fine too

try redownloading the image on a different machine and reformat USB and try flashing again

see if that helps

Data
24-01-12, 20:00
thanks for the reply silverfox,im no expert on these boxes.do you mean like a vix image off a working machine.why would this work?
what do you mean download an image on a different machine? sorry about the questions but don't know enough about these boxes.
can the box firmware (is the firmware enigma2)be reflashed.

silverfox0786
24-01-12, 20:06
thanks for the reply silverfox,im no expert on these boxes.do you mean like a vix image off a working machine.why would this work?
what do you mean download an image on a different machine? sorry about the questions but don't know enough about these boxes.
can the box firmware (is the firmware enigma2)be reflashed.

yes i mean a backup of a working vix image from an identical box

i dont know why it works but so far it worked for my box and another user box

i suggested downloading from a differnt machine [PC/Laptop] just incase the download is not saving properly during download or is getting corrupted after download

anything at this point is worth a try to get it working again

unfortunatly i dont have a duo anymore or would have flashed and backed up an image for you

Data
24-01-12, 20:28
thanks again for your help,do you know if the original firmware that came with the duo can be reflashed?

basilyoung
24-01-12, 20:41
yes it can, but I would reload the updated drivers, then the latest VIX image,