PDA

View Full Version : pvr advice

supra59uk
23-01-12, 22:32
Hi Guys

my setup is xtrend 9200 twin tuner
my wife set 2 recordings one at 7 and the other at 8 and was watching something else on a different channel the first record finished at 8 just as the second was starting, but what happened was the box turned over to one of the channels she was recording and said no spare tuner, my question, is there a way to stop that happening because the wife thu a wobbler as she was missing dancing on ice lol

i do understand why it did it because the first record was still running a little over the time, think i set it to 2 mins before and two mins after is it best not to have a before and after time ?

thanks Paul

basilyoung
23-01-12, 22:37
if both tuners have the sat in question, in this case 28 east, in menu/customize preferred tuner should be set to "auto"
if this is already the case, then the second recording should have used the spare tuner ( ie, the one that was,nt recording )

after reading stanmans reply, it looks like my post is incorrect,

Stanman
23-01-12, 22:37
Afraid not. You can remove the padding but than if programs over run you will miss start/end. This is a issue when both programs are on different transponders.

You could buy a USB stick to give you three tuners?

supra59uk
23-01-12, 22:57
are right so if it was on the same transponder that would not have happened ?

its just with the sly box never seen that happen so as the wifes alway do, well mine at least is, bloody box why did we need to swap it sort of thing im sure we have all had that lol

as for the tuner idea like the sounds of that will look into them thanks

Stanman
23-01-12, 23:00
You will get this issue on a sly box as well.

Also you have 2 separate cables going to each tuner?

supra59uk
23-01-12, 23:08
yes got two cables,i think the sly box gives a warning if there an overlap

pooface
23-01-12, 23:47
yes got two cables,i think the sly box gives a warning if there an overlap

This wouldn't have needed to give you a warning, as the box had 2 tuners. 1 was used for first recording, and then because first was still in use, the 2nd kicked in for 2nd recording. Just meant that there was no free tuner for what she was watching, as was on a different transponder... This is the way the e2 works. Altho will put a suggestion for something to look in to in the future...

supra59uk
24-01-12, 00:33
ok great thanks sounds good