PDA

View Full Version : Recording from two tuners

Mavcek
23-01-12, 20:49
I have a setup with tuner a assigned to 19e/28e/13e and tuner b setup with exactly the same sat settings (thus operating 3 twin lnbs). However when I set recordings from Netherlands 1 and RTL 4 on 19.2e (both on different transponders) I can only record one of the two - the other always fails. Why should this hapen when I have two incoming signals for 19.2e? Another question (and may be the answer to the previous question) is that when I setup my Blackhole image and do an automatic scan (after setting up both tuners) it always shows tuner a before scanning. Does it automatically scan tuner b as well or do I have to do this manually after (as the is no option to auto scan tuner b in setup). Hope i am making sense!
(btw i have manually scanned tuner b just in case and still have this problem)

Stanman
23-01-12, 23:47
Can you post up the screen dump of the two tuner set up.

Mavcek
24-01-12, 00:22
Tuner setup thus:

Tuner a

Config mode - SIMPLE
Mode - DISEQC A/B/C/D
Port a - ASTRA (19.2E)
Port b - ASTRA 2/EUROBIRD 1(28.2E)
Port c - HOTBIRD (13.0E)
Port d - nothing connected
Set voltage and 22KHZ - YES
Send diseqc only on satellite change - NO

tuner b exacly as above (i double checked)

Larry-G
24-01-12, 00:28
Both tuners work from the same satellites.xml and bouquet / channel list. therefor you only need scan once and both tuners use this information.

Rob van der Does
24-01-12, 08:45
Tuner setup thus:

Tuner a

Config mode - SIMPLE
Mode - DISEQC A/B/C/D
Port a - ASTRA (19.2E)
Port b - ASTRA 2/EUROBIRD 1(28.2E)
Port c - HOTBIRD (13.0E)
Port d - nothing connected
Set voltage and 22KHZ - YES
Send diseqc only on satellite change - NO

tuner b exacly as above (i double checked)

Just to be sure: you didn't set tuner B to "equal to tuner A"? Because that sometimes gives trouble.
If the answer to the above is 'no', please try the same setup using the advanced mode.

And when you say

I can only record one of the two - the other always fails.
do you mean that there was no timer conflict, but the recording itself fails? If so, the tuners setup is OK, and it looks like the feed to tuner B is not working.
You can check that using the build-in satfinder.

Mavcek
25-01-12, 01:26
Tuner b is setup with simple config same as tuner a not 'equal to'. I checked the signal with satfinder and tuner b is working fine. Not sure exactly how the advance setup works with diseqc but i will play around a little

Rob van der Does
25-01-12, 06:35
Well, if you could answer my second question please? Because from that we know if the tunerconfig is OK or not.

Mavcek
25-01-12, 08:55
There doesn't seem to be any conflict as both channels show as recording but one will just be blank when i go to view it..

Rob van der Does
25-01-12, 11:44
OK: no timer conflict, means tuner config is OK
Please answer the following questions:
1- I understand that when playing a recording, the TV-screen remains black. Correct?
2- If so, was this on a encrypted channel?
3- If so, what (soft)cam do you use? Do you have a valid subscription for that channel?
4- Can you reproduce the problem on FTA channels?
5- Is the problem 100% reproducible?

Mavcek
26-01-12, 01:12
It seems to me that it might be a problem with a certain transponder (is that a possibility?) as i get the problem when trying to record things from netherlands 1,2 or 3 in addition to RTL 4,5 or 7. Playing around i have found no real problem recording Ned 1,2 AND 3 in addition to 3 other FTA channels on one transponder from say, Hotbird 13e (that is 6 channels recording simultaneously). But trying to record just one Ned 1,2,3 channel and one RTL channel together causes a black screen on playback for the Ned channel (because it hasn't actually recorded it). I am using a Canal Digitaal subscription smartcard with latest Aston cam (as supplied by CD) so none of the CD channels on 19.2e are FTA.

Rob van der Does
26-01-12, 06:59
..... with latest Aston cam (as supplied by CD) so none of the CD channels on 19.2e are FTA.
Ahh, that's the reason then. Using a CAM recordings will be encrypted. Just throw away the CAM and use CCcam (or any other softcam that pleases you), and all recordings will be made in clear.

Larry-G
26-01-12, 07:23
Yes as rob says hardware cam units cam not decrypt multiple channels at the same time unless you buy the very expensive versions. Which retail I'm the high hundreds to thousands of £'s

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Mavcek
27-01-12, 00:47
ahhh so that's it. Not very knowledgeable yet on CCcam so will have to investigate. Many thanks for all your help guys.