PDA

View Full Version : [ET5x00] streaming from et5000 to laptop

fizza
23-01-12, 18:45
hi all i am trying to learn and understand this box and interested what the box can do for example is there a guide for streaming hd from box to pc
patience needed thanks

Stanman
23-01-12, 18:50
Not a guide as such but to do ut

MENU>PLUGINS>OPENWEBIF anb click on it and change port to 00080

Than go into any browser (FF recommeded for easy of use, with chrome you will need to click afile on your desktop) and put in the IP address of your box and than away you go just select the small TV icon on the right of the channel name.

fizza
23-01-12, 18:59
cheers i will give it a try thanks

sivhead
27-01-12, 15:09
As far as I am aware HD content wont stream.

punisher
27-01-12, 16:42
Hd streams fine to my laptop but wont stream hd to ipad/iphone

fizza
28-01-12, 09:17
morning all just had a go clicked on the tv icon then it brings up windows media player and tries and plays no pic or sound
any ideas from the experts thanks

amuceku
28-01-12, 16:19
Try vlc player..
To stream HD channels you will need a powerful pc/laptop with good video card that supports HD format and have all video codecs...
Ipad/iphone not powerful enough for HD...

fizza
29-01-12, 08:39
downloaded vlc player starting to stream then cuts off prob my pc need a new pc anyway any help on what sort of spec on a new laptop to stream hd would be great to send the wife upstairs to watch tv thank you:thumbsup:

amuceku
29-01-12, 11:30
Hi. First of all what laptop and router have you got? Did you try on SD channels? Also if you are streaming wireless you will need a very good router that does not drop the connection on laptop.. Try some SD channels wireless and wired, see if it makes a difference... For instance on my old router the laptop would struggle wireless but no wired...

fizza
29-01-12, 11:35
hi there i havent tried sd channels yet i am streaming wireless i have a tosihba sat pro and a netgear 843gt router i will triy wired thanks

fizza
29-01-12, 13:35
just an update works perfect on wireless on sd channels just have to get hd channels working now lol

amuceku
29-01-12, 18:45
There is not much difference on picture quality between SD and HD on laptop.... Did you try the HD wired??

punisher
30-01-12, 08:37
U more than likely wont be able to stream HD in particular, wirelessly. Give it a try but definatelly try hard wired and u shud be able to get HD streams that way

fizza
30-01-12, 21:47
streamed sd tonight very impressed with the box and vix image no probs at all just ordered an external hard drive tonight so can record movies and pause tv with time shifts etc thanks for all you help and patience your help might be needed again in a couple of days if thats ok:baby:

Tkr001
31-01-12, 06:07
I have streamed HD over wireless N no problems. However it depends on the graphics capability of the laptop. Ideally you need a card with hardware acceleration and you need to turn on the appropriate settings in VLC

fizza
31-01-12, 18:36
thanks it poss to know what settings in vlc you need to set up thanks

amuceku
31-01-12, 19:06
mate i stream HD to my laptop everyday with vlc default settings. is all down to your laptop and router. laptop needs a powerful CPU and graphic card.... as for the router i can stream hd on wireless b+g too.....
what model is your toshiba sat pro?? if your laptop can stream HD wired than is your router, if it doesn't than you need a better laptop...

thanks it poss to know what settings in vlc you need to set up thanks