PDA

View Full Version : Remote Issue

SDOCKER
23-01-12, 13:05
I've been using an ULTIMO over the weekend and have noticed, the remote doesn't respond unless aimed exactly at the IR area of the front panel. This makes casual channel changing a pain, and you can't just point in the direction of the box. Has anyone found a work around for this? Also I've noticed the 'space' button doesn't work on the QWERTY side.

Donnie
23-01-12, 13:12
I've been using an ULTIMO over the weekend and have noticed, the remote doesn't respond unless aimed exactly at the IR area of the front panel. This makes casual channel changing a pain, and you can't just point in the direction of the box. Has anyone found a work around for this? Also I've noticed the 'space' button doesn't work on the QWERTY side.

Vu are aware of this issue so hopefully we will see a fix soon.
For now we have to put up with it.

SDOCKER
23-01-12, 13:24
They are aware of both issues? Can they fix the IR issues without changing the hardware? Ie through software?

Ev0
23-01-12, 22:40
The very quick and easy fix, buy a Vu+ universal / uno remote from the sponser, thats what I did :D

Clabs
23-01-12, 22:58
The number keys don't work either.

@Evo - that is an easy solution, but I think it is VERY poor - the receiver should never have been released with a "broken" remote. We aren't talking about some cheap clone - this is supposed to be a premium product.

Ev0
23-01-12, 23:06
The number keys don't work either.

@Evo - that is an easy solution, but I think it is VERY poor - the receiver should never have been released with a "broken" remote. We aren't talking about some cheap clone - this is supposed to be a premium product.

Yes I 100% agree, however I personally don't like the ultimo remote anyway (my hands are too big for it) so it was an easy fix as far as I was concerned :)

SDOCKER
23-01-12, 23:17
What issues does the universal remote solve?

Ev0
23-01-12, 23:29
You don't have to have it in direct line of sight.

And for me the buttons are big enough that I only press 1 at a time :D

sasho
24-01-12, 13:02
Vu ultimo remote Is very difficult to work with

The Jazzman
25-01-12, 13:51
Just to add my 2cents to the discussion, that I lasted all of an evening with the standard remote and a pencil before giving up on it. Ordered a replacement universal the next day and works like a charm.

The standard remote is just far too busy and its buttons are to small for it's own good.

sasho
27-01-12, 15:56
what Is this replacement universal / uno remote - can you give a link to
I was thinking that ultimo got best features incl. remote

Ev0
27-01-12, 16:05
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Cable-Coax-Accessories/VU-Duo-Solo-Uno-Ultimo-Genuine-Universal-Remote-Control

Larry-G
27-01-12, 16:07
what Is this replacement universal / uno remote - can you give a link to
I was thinking that ultimo got best features incl. remote

follow the link as provided by Ev0, The universal remote is the one that ships as standard with the Uno.

looks almost identical to a duo remote.

sasho
27-01-12, 19:17
looks like a ultimo remote but longer - Is It really better than ultimo remote
It miss the info button
I like very much my old dreambox db5620 remote

digi247
29-01-12, 17:00
I am using a Harmony One remote and also have no issues in fact i used the Harmony from the start when i got the Ultimo, probably why i never noticed any issues

Rob van der Does
29-01-12, 17:48
Never ever used the VU- R/C's.
See my footer for a good alternative.

ekkostar
29-01-12, 21:50
The ultimo remote is for vanity, the duo/uno programmable for sanity.

My ultimo remote went straight back into the box on the first day.

75mak
05-04-12, 04:47
What is the IR sensor on the actual box like?

My duo you can use the remote even when the box is facing the other way i.e. the back.

Can you do that on the ultimo with one of those universal remotes or harmony remotes?

It is important for me as my box is situated at quite an obscure angle from where i sit and i really appreciate the duo ability to change channel even when no direct line of sight is there.

Please ultimo owners with harmony or universal remotes let me know if its possible

Thanks

Rob van der Does
05-04-12, 05:03
Please ultimo owners with harmony or universal remotes let me know if its possible
Using the harmonies listed in my footer there's no problem whatsoever with the Ultimo; I can even shine the R/C to the opposite direction and the box still reacts normally.

Ev0
05-04-12, 09:29
With the Vu+ universal remote (uno remote) you can point it anywhere like you can with the duo.

It's only the small Ultimo remote you have to point directly at the box.

Larry-G
05-04-12, 09:32
Using the harmonies listed in my footer there's no problem whatsoever with the Ultimo; I can even shine the R/C to the opposite direction and the box still reacts normally.

exactly the same here.

With the Vu+ universal remote (uno remote) you can point it anywhere like you can with the duo.

It's only the small Ultimo remote you have to point directly at the box.

Another reason why my Ultimo remote went back in the box after 4 minutes. i use a harmony 650 now and a Uno remote occasionally.

75mak
05-04-12, 16:45
Thank you everyone who replied. I appreciate it. I am even more confident now in buying an ultimo.

lscolman
07-04-12, 15:25
Hi,

I have to admit that the new remote is a real disappointment. Even 10 degrees off line, and no command is received.

It must be the remote as the IR receiver works perfect with the original remote when I change the Remote code.

The originals are available from eBay for £12 delivered. I've just bought one.

Cheers, Lee

Sicilian
07-04-12, 17:45
Hi,

Cheers, Lee

They will be clone remotes :trustme:

Dell_XPS
07-04-12, 21:51
Hi,

I have to admit that the new remote is a real disappointment. Even 10 degrees off line, and no command is received.

It must be the remote as the IR receiver works perfect with the original remote when I change the Remote code.

Cheers, Lee

Yes they are clone remotes from Ebay m8 for that price, buy the one from WOS £25 i think I paid, now I can change channels on my TV and use it to adjust volume on the TV, worth the money alone for that...lol, my fingers are just too fat for the Ultimo remote :-)

Rob van der Does
08-04-12, 06:35
Better buy a Harmony: far much more flexibility, and for all devices you may have.
I never use any device-R/C at all.

alba1978
08-04-12, 08:04
I have bought the Harmony 650 last week from amazon used(as new with no original box) for£30 and it was worth the money i can easy say one of the best buys for me as it works a treat with all other elextronic devices to.

Larry-G
08-04-12, 08:13
I have bought the Harmony 650 last week from amazon used(as new with no original box) for£30 and it was worth the money i can easy say one of the best buys for me as it works a treat with all other elextronic devices to.

yes i totally agree, i never understood people paying upto and above £120 for as remote control and i certainly would not but i bought both a harmony 600 and 650 on a logitech blemished box deal and there all i ever use now.

lscolman
08-04-12, 13:55
They will be clone remotes :trustme:

For £12 they have to be worth a try. I would never buy a clone box, but I'm willing to try a remote control.

I have a harmony 600, but I'm so used to the layout of the original Vu+ remote, that I don't find the harmony works for me.

Cheers, Lee

ziir
08-04-12, 22:18
I also wanted to tell you guys that i got vu+ULTIMO it is realy great reciever, but my only complain is i dont like the remote
yeah it it is bad my old vu+duo is better than this :(