PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] "Cleaning Trashes" error

guff daddy
22-01-12, 19:05
I have two hard disks in my Duo - one is the internal /media/hdd, used for recording, the other is an external eSata drive - /media/hdd2 used for torrent downloads etc.

Since the 190 update my box occasionally comes up with an error headed "Cleaning Trashes"- initially it looked like it was trying to clean a non-existent /media/hdd2/.Trash directory so, I created one. Since then it has given the same error about a /media/.Trash directory, so I created that as well.
Now it is giving the same error, but about /media/hdd2/.Trash/.Trash
I don't want to keep creating /.Trash directories - any solution for this?

Rob van der Does
22-01-12, 19:14
We are aware of a problem in that area and are working on it.

jgc115
23-01-12, 14:05
Good to know! - I have exactly the same issue "Cleaning Trashes" after upgrading to 190 and I was about to start a new thread. So, looking forward to a solution.

Otherwise Vix 2.3 build 190 is excellent - thanks to all the team for all the hard work and continuous support!

Rob van der Does
23-01-12, 14:18
I'm running the test-environment in which a test-solution for this has been incorporated, and it seems to be working fine. So hopefully this will be resolved in the next update.

brdbch
23-01-12, 19:41
Hello,
Is there a workaround until next update?
Currently it prevents recording to start every time an unattended recording timer triggers.
Otherwise when can we expect this update?

Rob van der Does
23-01-12, 21:45
There's no work-around (other then reverting to say build 161). I would be surprised if it will take long before the update is available, but we want it to be tested as good as we can.
Though: this problem should not prevent recordings being made correctly.

guff daddy
24-01-12, 09:39
Hello,
Is there a workaround until next update?
Currently it prevents recording to start every time an unattended recording timer triggers.
Otherwise when can we expect this update?

This isn't happening on my system - all recordings are going ahead fine. However, in general I find the system to now be very unstable. Lots of spinner activity, and occasional crashes. The last crash I had (see attached) was when deleting a timer from the timerlist while it was being recorded.

andyblac
24-01-12, 15:19
thats been fixed in coming update, won't be long

guff daddy
30-01-12, 17:15
Hopefully the "cleaning trashes" problem is fixed (haven't seen the error since upgrading to 204) however I still have continual problems with the DTT (Nova-T / Irish DTT signal). Every morning for the past few days the system is hung when coming out of standby - stuck on the RTE1 channel on DTT, no spinner, no greenscreen but instead the image is green/purple (see attached). Needs a power off/on for reset (even reboot command from telnet session doesn't work)

I'm going to reflash from scratch and see if that sorts it.