PDA

View Full Version : New Image Flash Channel Scan Again?

shadowman007
22-01-12, 15:53
I bought my VU+Duo box about 7 months ago and flashed it with the VIX image which was the latest version at that time I did not flash it after that. But know I want to flash it with the latest version of the VIX image. My question is when I flash it again will I have to “Auto Scan” for the channels again also will I loose the Enigma 2 Settings the Bouquet and all will I have to install them also?

Larry-G
22-01-12, 15:59
what version image are you currently using ?

and yes when you flash a image it erases the previous one including all settings and plugins etc, you can make a backup of your current image and settings but if the image is as old as you say this may lead to a lot of problems down the road.

one option would be to backup the existing bouquet ( channel settings ) using something such as dreamboxedit or dreamset etc. and reload them back to the receiver once you have flashed it.

also if you are going to load the newest ViX 2.3 image you must flash the bootloader first as the Linux 3.1.1 kernel requires this bootloader to run.

shadowman007
22-01-12, 16:33
The image is 2. somthing am currently at work so will let you no later.

Also how do I flash the bootloader? what file do i need?

what version image are you currently using ?

and yes when you flash a image it erases the previous one including all settings and plugins etc, you can make a backup of your current image and settings but if the image is as old as you say this may lead to a lot of problems down the road.

one option would be to backup the existing bouquet ( channel settings ) using something such as dreamboxedit or dreamset etc. and reload them back to the receiver once you have flashed it.

also if you are going to load the newest ViX 2.3 image you must flash the bootloader first as the Linux 3.1.1 kernel requires this bootloader to run.

Larry-G
22-01-12, 16:41
The image and bootloader are in this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14236-Vu-Duo-ViX-2-3-(Linux-3-1-1)-25-12-2011&goto=newpost

once you have loaded both and booted up run a update to get it to the latest version image then you can setup from there.

shadowman007
22-01-12, 17:18
The image and bootloader are in this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14236-Vu-Duo-ViX-2-3-(Linux-3-1-1)-25-12-2011&goto=newpost

once you have loaded both and booted up run a update to get it to the latest version image then you can setup from there.

Thanks for that sorry you said "both" you mean load the bootloader and vix image on the usb stick at the same time? or just the bootloader flash it then delete it and load the vix image?

bassethound
22-01-12, 17:21
dont put both files on a Usb stick do one at a time

first the bootloader (remove file after flashing)

and second the vix image

make sure you have no other Usb stick in the box before flashing :thumbsup: