PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] hangs on starting after update

philsat
22-01-12, 12:09
Did a software update today and when box restarts it hangs on "starting"
Have tried reloading image 3 times and it does the same each time after update.

ta

phil

edanto
22-01-12, 13:05
Same thing happened to me. Tried an online update from VIX menu, it hung with the 'wait for your system to restart message on screen' Left it about 20 minutes and then switched off. When I switched it back on, my bouquets were changed. No dramas, just restored from a backup and back in business.

So, all good, just thought I'd mention it here on forum in case it helps the build.

Larry-G
22-01-12, 13:23
Did a software update today and when box restarts it hangs on "starting"
Have tried reloading image 3 times and it does the same each time after update.

ta

phil

What version were you updating from ? as the older 2.3 image with the 2.6 kernel can not be updated to the newer 2.3 image with the 3.1.1. kernel via software update, resulting in the symptoms you have described.

philsat
22-01-12, 13:35
What version were you updating from ? as the older 2.3 image with the 2.6 kernel can not be updated to the newer 2.3 image with the 3.1.1. kernel via software update, resulting in the symptoms you have described.

Running 2.3 since december.

ta

phil

Larry-G
22-01-12, 13:41
try running the update via a telnet session just to be sure issue the following command while in the telnet session.

opkg update && opkg upgrade
allow this to fully run its course, it could take a few minutes then run the following command

shutdown -r now

The receiver should reboot and that should be it.

Mr. Mister
22-01-12, 15:18
try running the update via a telnet session just to be sure issue the following command while in the telnet session.

allow this to fully run its course, it could take a few minutes then run the following command

I had the same problem with my duo`s.. and this worked perfectly on all 5 of them..

philsat
22-01-12, 15:33

Thats worked OK thanx

ta

phil

neilD
23-01-12, 11:41
Hi I also have the same problem.
Can you confirm the upgrade procedure:

I re-install 2.3 from December.
I open a telnet session.
I then use the commands:
opkg update && opkg upgrade
When that is finished shutdown -r now.

Is that all, do I need to do anything else? Do I need to download anything first?
Thanks

neilD
23-01-12, 16:59
Hi,
I have answer my own question I just ran the command and it still hangs in shutdown.

There was a message on the telnet window
FATAL:
Module rt2800usb not found

Larry-G
23-01-12, 17:13
The sequence I posted above is just a means of performing a update via a telnet session as opposed to using the blue button > ViX > software update method.