PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Timer Conflict

mistadizzy
22-01-12, 10:49
Hi, i am a newbie on Vix. First time I am using the ViX-2.3.153-vuduo_usb image and I think it is the quickest and versatile Image available. The EPG functionality has got to be the best. The only problem I am left with now is the timer setting where it automatically sets the timer 3 minutes before 5 minutes after the event. I do a lot of recording using both tuners in some cases and this 3 and 5 minute overlap gives me a problem. with recording back to back programs. is there any way of removing this automatically in the settings rather than each time an individual timer is set? I thank you in advance for your help.:confused:

Stanman
22-01-12, 14:49
go into to MENU>TIMERS>AUTOTIMERS and than press menu and you can customise settings but bear in mind if you remove the default padding than you may end up losing start and or ending if the programmes over run.

mistadizzy
22-01-12, 15:40
FOUND IT. It is in:
Setup > System > Recording Settings > Margin before/After.

The menus are a little different to the previous ones I am used to.
Thanks for your help Stanman (Thats something else that is useful):)

Stanman
22-01-12, 21:17
Glad your sorted inspite of my advise:)

I blame it on all the info I have in there, it occasionally gets jumbled up:D:D

Sicilian
29-01-12, 14:49
Moved to correct section.

supra59uk
01-02-12, 00:48
yes i think this is a bit of a problem its happened to my wife now a few times, it would be a good idea if something could be added, a warning when you have a record overlap because if you are watching something and you have two records 1 at 8 and one at 9 it then leaves no tuner for watching the channel your on and turns over two a channel your recording, im aware that you could maybe put another usb tuner in but not to sure how a sky box gets round this problem, would it be possible to turn off the overlap automatic then this situaltion occurs then reset back to normal ? just a thought

Rob van der Does
01-02-12, 08:20
I do a lot of recording using both tuners in some cases and this 3 and 5 minute overlap gives me a problem. with recording back to back programs.
This should never be a problem, as they will use the same tuner.
And speaking for myself: I never watch live-TV. After all: why should you have to be in front of the TV at a dedicated time instead of at the time you wish to see a program? That's what DVR's are made for, they give you freedom, no limitations!

supra59uk
01-02-12, 21:28
Rob
with the greatest respect this clearly does cause a problem for some peeps who happen to use the record and watch something different as its happened at least three times to my wife when she as set 2 recordings and because they run over each other as i said in my last post the box as turned over because there is no free tuner left, admittedly its not a big issue and there is a work around, this could be a consideration for future updates, granted i have no idea what would be involved to had a warning or a temp turn off of the over lap for them few mins, just a thought

thanks Paul

Rob van der Does
01-02-12, 21:40
Ahh, with 'back-to-back' I presumed you meant consecutive recordings of the same channel. That should give no problems.

And indeed: the timer-sanity check only looks if the recordings are possible, not if there remains a tuner free for other channels.

supra59uk
01-02-12, 23:02
thanks for coming back to me rob, is this something that maybe considered for the future ?

Thanks Paul

Rob van der Does
02-02-12, 07:13
Well, although not being a coder, this seems to be a huge job...........
btw: do you use the graphical EPG when adding timers? That at least gives you a good overview of simultaneous/overlapping events.