PDA

View Full Version : Help with some questions pls

raedkuwait
31-07-10, 15:18
hi, could some one help me with a couple of questions

1- whats the minimum signal strength vu+ do must have before the picture start to get bad

2- in some of the Sky HD chanels when i change the audio to english, change the channel, then
back to that channel the audio is changed to Italian again?! is there a way to set all channels to
original audio by default?

3- When i use Dreambox edit, all the HD channel i search for are shown as data channels, had to
change them one by one to TV!!

Thank you

canthackit
31-07-10, 15:48
1. too many factors make it impossible to answer, ie LNB, Dish Size, Location, it goes on and on and on.

2. No they always revert back to default.

3. dont change them it makes no difference, you'll just cause problems by editing them.

4. my opinion mate is your doing a lot of running before you can walk, slow down and take steps slowly learn the basics properly first.

regards: canthackit

pooface
31-07-10, 16:39
1. There are lots of factors which can cause problems with the signal, as canthackit says. But, I've found that with the signal, a signal of around 40% is the lowest I've had working stable. When it gets to around 35-38% I get breakup. When it's below that, no signal at all...

2. As far as I remember, if I changed the language to english, then as long as the box didn't crash, it would stay as english. If you restart the gui after changing the language to english, then it saves that english will be the default language for that channel, until you next do a satellite service scan, in which case it will delete your choice until you reset it... Only time this doesn't work, is if the italian language (as in this example) is in ac3, and the english is in mpeg, and you have changed the options in the config to always use ac3 as default... This will then choose the ac3 language over the mpeg language...

3. Sounds like you're not using a bouquet to view the channel then? As you can add data channels to the bouquets, and it will work just like a tv service. As canthackit says, try not to edit them to tv...

basilyoung
31-07-10, 19:36
also sig strength relates to the speed of encryption, for some popular providers, sig strength needs to be in the high 80,s

baz