PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] same old problems

birdman99
22-01-12, 04:10
I recently changed over from b/h to vix 2.3.0 i always had problems with blackhole mainly with playback of media files ie usb movies.youtube,my tube and other problems.
Anyway today i tryed to download mediaplayer and installed some updates at the same time,this then crashed the box and it wouldnt restart,i had to re flash,i didnt know if i had to re do bootflash but thought i wouldnt need to,anyway loaded it all back up restored my setting had to re do epg as that didnt restore then re done mediaplayer and mytube,however its the same problem as b/h it plays but just no audio i tryed mkv avi and mp4 none worked and the box starts to crash.
Would have been a great thing to have this,but just wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues.
also maybe i can be happy again by playing movies over network,if anyone knows how to do it please tell....

Sicilian
22-01-12, 07:44
Dont bother with mediaplayer, use the standard movie player.

Larry-G
22-01-12, 07:47
as said many many times before these boxes are not intended as media players, any media players functions that do work are to be considered as a bonus. now rather than downloading a now old, and no longer maintained media player try the default ViX media player this can be accessed by pressing the files list button on the remote control.

snakie
22-01-12, 09:09
I would never sell out BH.Running 1.7.0 no probs to play or stream media at all.You have to make sure you have wright skin installed otherwise your box will be crashing for some point.My skin Elegance HD P2 from Blackhole addon server -never had a problem related to that skin.

birdman99
22-01-12, 13:39
well i wasnt planning on using it as a media player but when you read that everyone else is doing it i think its too much of a good thing not to.
Anyway ive uninstalled the media player copyied the movie from usb and messed around with audio and finally gor some sound.
However there is defo a sound problem on this image because the channels are somtimes silent and i have to restart the box to get it back.
wonder if anyone casn give advice on audio setup on vix.
Also i wonder if i should have loaded the boot when i got the crash,i thought i wouldnt have to with the box previously running new vix 2.3.0

Larry-G
22-01-12, 13:46
The older 2.3 image running the 2.6 kernel ( all versions earlier than build 153 ) do not need the bootloader, however every build since 153 ( those with the 3.1.1 kernel ) need the bootloader loading first.

birdman99
22-01-12, 14:05
i thought 2.3.0 was the latest vix? should i not have used it because it was previously on?

Stanman
22-01-12, 14:15
i thought 2.3.0 was the latest vix? should i not have used it because it was previously on?

2.3 is the very latest version, but there is a pre Linux 3 update and post.
Press menu>information and see what the build version is, if it is pre 153, than you need to update the bootloader and than reflash otherwise it will not work or if you do not want to do that, restore one of your earlier image back ups if done. Personally I would flash the bootloader and install the very latest kernal as on DUO you can go back and forward but not the ET's

birdman99
23-01-12, 02:56
Not the ET?

Sicilian
23-01-12, 08:06
Moved to the correct section, pre-fix added. Read again here please http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15017-ViX-Team-Support-Centre-added-to-the-Forum&p=109223#post109223

Stanman
23-01-12, 19:31
Not the ET?
If you flash the bootloader on the et you cannot use older images whereas on the Duo you can.