PDA

View Full Version : 2 Vu boxes in same room?

emporer
20-01-12, 09:13
I currently have a VU Duo on my $ky dish and a DM800 clone on my 1m rotor dish, i'm going to replace the DM800 hopefully with a nice VU Solo, my only issue I can see is when using the remotes, as both boxes will be in the same corner of the room then I presume the remotes are the same and will work both boxes at the same time? I need a workaround for this, I could use my phone as a remote for one of the boxes, is it easy to block off the remote sensor on the Solo?

Sicilian
20-01-12, 10:05
Both use the same remote codes, however the infra-red is easilly covered on the Solo if needed.

Trial
20-01-12, 10:08
Hi,
when you take the UNO as a second box you have no problem and also if you use either the UNO-RC or a Harmony you can set the VUs to different codes so that they do not interfere.

ciao

emporer
20-01-12, 10:38
Is that only for the UNO and not Solo?

Sicilian
20-01-12, 10:46
Only the Uno and Ultimo allow changing remote codes.

Trial
20-01-12, 10:55
Hi Sicilian,
are you sure? I thought that at least DUO also allows to change code.

ciao

Sicilian
20-01-12, 11:01
Hi Sicilian,
are you sure? I thought that at least DUO also allows to change code.

ciao

Almost 100% sure we tested this and found the code change wasn't supported. Andy can confirm 100%.

Rob van der Does
20-01-12, 11:23
Yep, absolutely sure; changing R/C codes is not supported by the drivers of the DUO & Solo.
Though I don't know if VU+ would want to support that in future.

Donnie
20-01-12, 11:51
Yep, absolutely sure; changing R/C codes is not supported by the drivers of the DUO & Solo.
Though I don't know if VU+ would want to support that in future.
I can't see that changing as the Duo and Solo don't use a universal remote, only the Ultimo and Uno are.

Sicilian
20-01-12, 11:53
I can't see that changing as the Duo and Solo don't use a universal remote, only the Ultimo and Uno are.

Solo is now shipped with universal remote.

Donnie
20-01-12, 12:01
Solo is now shipped with universal remote.

Did not know that so maybe in the future that is a possibility.

Sicilian
20-01-12, 12:13
Did not know that so maybe in the future that is a possibility.

It was suggested to VU+ but suggestion was ignored :mad:

xarqi
20-01-12, 13:40
Get some polarising film and cover the IR LED of the remote with it. Put another strip across the remote receiver window on each unit, but in different orientations. Operate one unit by holding the remote horizontally, and the other by holding it perpendicularly.