PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Crash at end of latest update

squirelly666
19-01-12, 22:01
Just done the update to 190 using system update, and whilst it seems to have completed ok (system info now shows that I'm on build 190), it did crash during the update process.

Should I run the update again, or if the system info is updated correctly does that mean the upgrade went ok?

Crash log file attached FYI.

Blu-ray
22-01-12, 12:42
It seems a lot of people updating to the 190 build have trouble with the image hanging 3/4 of the way through updating,i noticed it had 100 items in update, do i realy need those 100 items ?, is there anyway we can have 2 x VIX 2.3 one Lite & one say Pro the Lite being for people who just want to whatch tv record/pause tv without it black screening every time there is an update. The Pro with all updates for members who like to have it all to play with. What happens when the image has been updated another 5/6 times this year will there be room to increase the bootloader again.

Larry-G
22-01-12, 13:19
It seems a lot of people updating to the 190 build have trouble with the image hanging 3/4 of the way through updating,i noticed it had 100 items in update, do i realy need those 100 items ?, is there anyway we can have 2 x VIX 2.3 one Lite & one say Pro the Lite being for people who just want to whatch tv record/pause tv without it black screening every time there is an update. The Pro with all updates for members who like to have it all to play with. What happens when the image has been updated another 5/6 times this year will there be room to increase the bootloader again.

ViX is still by far one of the slimmest images available for the Vu receivers and there is no risk what so ever that the size of the image would come any where near the size limit imposed by Vu. as for the idea of having a lite and pro version of the image i find that rather baffling, either you want a image that is supported and regularly updated with bug fixes and improvements or you do not. if your worried about loosing any thing from your image then make regular backups so that you can return to a working image quickly and easily if needed, otherwise maybe try another image if ViX is not to your liking.

Just done the update to 190 using system update, and whilst it seems to have completed ok (system info now shows that I'm on build 190), it did crash during the update process.

Should I run the update again, or if the system info is updated correctly does that mean the upgrade went ok?

Crash log file attached FYI.

Thank you for the log file, i my self had a crash while updating my own image to 190 and andy has subsequently fixed the issue that was discovered as a result of this.

punisher
22-01-12, 18:08
looks like a swapfile issue when doing the update. as pheonix says i think andy has got it fixed

richca
22-01-12, 18:11
[QUOTE=pheonix;111302Thank you for the log file, i my self had a crash while updating my own image to 190 and andy has subsequently fixed the issue that was discovered as a result of this.[/QUOTE]

when did the fix take place?, as i had updated last night and it crashed after the update finished or thereabouts

Larry-G
22-01-12, 18:53
well as far as i know that fix has not been pushed to the public image yet.