PDA

View Full Version : Airplayer (Airplay server for enigma2)

jop99
19-01-12, 21:54
I saw this video on you tube. showing the ability to stream content from iOS to the Dreambox / VU etc..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ra7KeZWJlk

That is exactly what I'm after. as it eliminates the issue of having to lean forward to pick up the tv remote to switch inputs to apple TV if i suddenly feel the urge to show my wife a silly video of a pig falling off a ladder (or whatever the latest meme is).... sorry im going off track.

The code/plugin for airplayer is here:
http://code.google.com/p/airplayer/

support is in german ?maybe? and I have not had any luck in getting it to work.
ive only tried installing it the normal way. (ftp to volatile\tmp folder and then install from the gui)

Just thought I'd post it here as it may be of interest to others, and maybe someone out there has been successful.

75mak
22-01-12, 20:41
I saw this video on you tube. showing the ability to stream content from iOS to the Dreambox / VU etc..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ra7KeZWJlk

That is exactly what I'm after. as it eliminates the issue of having to lean forward to pick up the tv remote to switch inputs to apple TV if i suddenly feel the urge to show my wife a silly video of a pig falling off a ladder (or whatever the latest meme is).... sorry im going off track.

The code/plugin for airplayer is here:
http://code.google.com/p/airplayer/

support is in german ?maybe? and I have not had any luck in getting it to work.
ive only tried installing it the normal way. (ftp to volatile\tmp folder and then install from the gui)

Just thought I'd post it here as it may be of interest to others, and maybe someone out there has been successful.

This definately looks interesting, i could potentially replace my apple tv or at least have an alternative for certain things.

I will need to look into this to get this setup. Thanks, also let us know if you make any progress.

75mak
22-01-12, 21:40
This definately looks interesting, i could potentially replace my apple tv or at least have an alternative for certain things.

I will need to look into this to get this setup. Thanks, also let us know if you make any progress.

I tried installing the .mipsel ipk, restarted the gui but then got an error about plistlib or something and the airplay extension is not available.

Markymark
22-01-12, 22:00
Hum that looks good. That's one that would be nice if it was encoded into the vix package on the network menu, once it's working.

Sandman
22-01-12, 23:34
Its not bad...plays video and audio quite well! Still a few quirks with video streaming but I'd say this will develop into a pretty decent plug-in!

75mak
23-01-12, 01:14
Its not bad...plays video and audio quite well! Still a few quirks with video streaming but I'd say this will develop into a pretty decent plug-in!

Did you manage to install it on a vix image? I tried on vix 2.2 but got a plistlib error on gui restart.

Sandman
23-01-12, 09:45
Did you manage to install it on a vix image? I tried on vix 2.2 but got a plistlib error on gui restart.

No..I have it working with BlackHole!

No.Trace
23-01-12, 12:17
Hi there ...

perhaps there are missings some files ? I read in another Forum this:

Ich habe die notwendigen Module wie folgt installiert:

-opkg install python-misc
-opkg install python-shell

Erst danach das Plugin installieren.

Is it this plugin from the IHAD-Forum?
http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=166124

I want to try it later this day ... CU No.Trace !!!

gbuzz
24-01-12, 13:17
install the above files via DCC package installer. The plugin will then run, but my problem is music/video doesnt show up on the tv screen when switching to airplay on iphone

75mak
24-01-12, 17:32
Whats dcc package installer? Is that differant from ipk installer called 'install local extension' on vix image menu?

gbuzz
25-01-12, 02:19
DCC is a ftp program that you install on your pc. you can then access you Vu+. it has its own ipkg installer. This is where you will find the two missing files.

75mak
25-01-12, 05:19
Never heard of dcc. Will give it a go. Thanks

edit: oh, dreambox control centre have used it before. didnt realise its abrivieted form dcc

hifial
25-01-12, 09:28
I installed the 2 files via dcc and the plugin is running, it works fine with photos but not video from the camera roll or you tube etc the vuduo just flashes between pause and play.The airplay icon doesn't show on iPod
But this will be a cool plugin once finished!

Sandman
25-01-12, 11:15
I installed the 2 files via dcc and the plugin is running, it works fine with photos but not video from the camera roll or you tube etc the vuduo just flashes between pause and play.The airplay icon doesn't show on iPod
But this will be a cool plugin once finished!

Yea they seem to have made it worse! the latest 0.1.6 does that but I had it working perfectly on 0.1.2!!

gbuzz
25-01-12, 12:55
i have tried versions 0.1.2, 0.1.3, 0.1.5, and 0.1.6.

can only get video and photos to work on 0.1.2 and 0.1.3 no music though. nothing works on 0.1.5 and 0.1.6

any ideas?

hifial
28-01-12, 08:05
Same here, I have tried the newer versions and no joy with anything beyond 1.3

OldSkulRide
28-01-12, 10:21
http://openpli.org/forums/topic/21928-air-player-dont-work-on-et9000-with-open-pli/

In this thread you can find updated version which works out of the box ;)

gbuzz
28-01-12, 14:57
installed 0.1.6a but can only get photos to work. video just results in play/pause flashing at top left of a black screen

No.Trace
28-01-12, 15:13
Hi ...

did you installed this bevor you installed the plugin ?

opkg install python-misc
opkg install python-shell

I restarted the box after the fist opkg install an than i installed the second one.
After that i installed the PlugIn ...

And when you set the Buffer to off you can see videos ...

I hope you can understand what i mean :)

CU No.Trace !!!

Sandman
28-01-12, 15:24
In this thread you can find updated version which works out of the box ;)

Can you get youtube videos to play well?

Clabs
28-01-12, 20:22
Can you get youtube videos to play well?

Yes - using the version suggested by OldSkulRide, the youtube vids I have tried all work pretty well. Also pictures working, but music files not working for me. This is on Ultimo with Blackhole 1.1.7.1

I have attached a copy of the package (v 0.1.6a). I left all settings in both the plugin and the app as default.

gbuzz
29-01-12, 16:39
also now have videos and pictures working but no music. used the above attachment ith buffer off

Jacka969
31-01-12, 05:16
i have tried versions 0.1.2, 0.1.3, 0.1.5, and 0.1.6.

can only get video and photos to work on 0.1.2 and 0.1.3 no music though. nothing works on 0.1.5 and 0.1.6

any ideas?
Same here

installed 0.1.6a but can only get photos to work. video just results in play/pause flashing at top left of a black screen
Same here

Video from quicktime doesn't work with 1.3 or 1.6 :( but with youtube no problem ! :)

Tested on ET5000 with VIX 2.3 uptodate

Thanks for this plugin ! :)

leonka
21-02-12, 17:55
hi, can anyone that had success in installing airplayer on vuplus with latest vix image please present a tutorial,i have tried with no success streaming from my ipad 2 to vu duo but no go. what has to be installed on ipad and vuplus ? thanks

Markymark
21-02-12, 18:48
Yes that would be really helpful if someone could do this, however i know time is tight for everyone.

75mak
09-03-12, 04:10
hi, can anyone that had success in installing airplayer on vuplus with latest vix image please present a tutorial,i have tried with no success streaming from my ipad 2 to vu duo but no go. what has to be installed on ipad and vuplus ? thanks

Nothing needs to be installed on ipad.

You need to install airplay extension but most people seem to have problem with that part

Markymark
18-03-12, 15:33
Anyone managed to get this working properly yet? If so any guide to help us novices get it working?

boxer29
25-03-12, 19:35
installed 1.6 from the above link
vix 2.3
can play only pics
no video
just plause and play loop
anyone tried it and working

Markymark
01-04-12, 09:39
Its a shame that no one seem to have got it working fully. It would be great if it could as this would add a bit more to the already excellent box.

killz187
02-04-12, 22:37
Its a shame that no one seem to have got it working fully. It would be great if it could as this would add a bit more to the already excellent box.

Google this enigma2-plugin-extensions-airplayer_0.1.10_mipsel and download it and install it under Vix >Install Local Extention its working on my box with no proplems at all.Im using Ipad and Ipod as well.Give it a try.

boxer29
03-04-12, 21:28
Google this enigma2-plugin-extensions-airplayer_0.1.10_mipsel and download it and install it under Vix >Install Local Extention its working on my box with no proplems at all.Im using Ipad and Ipod as well.Give it a try.

i did googled it and found .ipk file which is 195 kb
ftp into the tmp folder
installed it
but says some plugins are not available :
Extension s/airplayer(no module named plistlib)
can you add a working link

killz187
04-04-12, 22:42
i did googled it and found .ipk file which is 195 kb
ftp into the tmp folder
installed it
but says some plugins are not available :
can you add a working link

http://code.google.com/p/airplayer/downloads/detail?name=enigma2-plugin-extensions-airplayer_0.1.10_mipsel.ipk&can=2&q=

It seems to be working for me no problem at all.

boxer29
05-04-12, 18:48
http://code.google.com/p/airplayer/downloads/detail?name=enigma2-plugin-extensions-airplayer_0.1.10_mipsel.ipk&can=2&q=

It seems to be working for me no problem at all.
still the same not working for me

boxer29
05-04-12, 19:30
i think ive messed up
i deleted the first file in the tmp folder in the duo via the ftp
and when i install any version of iplayer it gives the following message

some plugins are not available :
how do i fix it
thanks

wazza_2
05-04-12, 19:46
i get the same on message on the latest vix image must only work on blackhole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAMNHUm8Zs

hifial
06-04-12, 07:36
You have to install these 2 files to get airplayer to run on vix

I installed dreambox control centre
(free download) on my pc to send them to my box,or I'm sure you can download them and do it manually

boxer29
06-04-12, 07:52
wehre can i find these 2 files
last time i did the 1.6 version i just installed the downloaded file from the first link
can you point me to the right direction
might have deleted something imp

(free download) on my pc to send them to my box,or I'm sure you can download them and do it manually

75mak
07-04-12, 01:43

Please do tell, where you can get these files from.i would google it but would prefer a link. Thanks

Larry-G
07-04-12, 04:41
there telnet commands issue each via a telnet session to install the necessary files.

75mak
12-04-12, 02:25
thanks, got airplay working on vix 2.3 by using DCC to install additional dependencies. works great with pics, ok with some vids.... but no mirroring yet

boxer29
13-04-12, 12:37
thanks, got airplay working on vix 2.3 by using DCC to install additional dependencies. works great with pics, ok with some vids.... but no mirroring yet

can you tell me how did you instlled it
im having problems installing it ,using vix 2.3
thanks

Silent
15-04-12, 21:49
I got it working within a couple of minutes today by simply following the instructions in this thread...

Download the IPK from:

FTP it to /tmp/

Telnet to the box and type:

On the VIX menu, press Install Local Extension and install it. Works without any problems.

boxer29
17-04-12, 16:13
I got it working within a couple of minutes today by simply following the instructions in this thread...

Download the IPK from:

FTP it to /tmp/

Telnet to the box and type:

On the VIX menu, press Install Local Extension and install it. Works without any problems.
i will do this today and post
ps my previous version installed withut putting anything in the telnet ,but things changed after i deleted it from the box and then via the ftp from the tmp folder
will that caused it to delete some files ,so its not working now without the telnet
do i just have to put these commands and after each command press enter
thanks

Silent
17-04-12, 16:49
Yes:

Type:

Press <Enter>

Type:

Press <Enter>

Don't worry if it says it's already installed.

Sandman
17-04-12, 16:56
Yes:

Type:

Press <Enter>

Type:

Press <Enter>

Don't worry if it says it's already installed.

you don't need to type the '-'...its just 'opkg install python-misc'

You'll get a '-sh: -opkg: not found' error if you use the dash!

wazza_2
17-04-12, 19:06
Telnet to the box ?????? dont understand sorry if i sound thick

Sandman
17-04-12, 19:10
Telnet to the box ?????? dont understand sorry if i sound thick

Windows or Mac?

Windows -

Click start --> type 'cmd' into search and press <enter> --> type 'telnet' press <enter> --> type 'open 192.168.xxx.xxx' (IP of your box) press <enter> --> enter username and password at the prompt

Then -

Type 'opkg install python-misc', press <enter>

Type 'opkg install python-shell', press <enter>

install IPK from /tmp folder

Mac -

From Spotlight type 'terminal' --> type 'telnet' --> follow rest of instructions above!

boxer29
17-04-12, 20:20
its working now
you tube video and movies as well

wazza_2
17-04-12, 21:48
thanks , i dont have or no the username and password , any help please

Sandman
17-04-12, 22:09
thanks , i dont have or know the username and password , any help please

Your username will be 'root', have you ever set a password for your box?

If not....

Click start --> type 'cmd' into search and press <enter> --> type 'telnet' press <enter> --> type 'open 192.168.xxx.xxx' (IP of your box) press <enter> --> enter username ('root'), press <enter> (If you haven't entered a password before you will now be logged in --> type 'passwd', press <enter> --> enter new password and confirm

wazza_2
19-04-12, 15:06
thanks didnt need to put a password in, the only thing is my iphone doesnt pick my vu+ up. what do i need to type in to add my vu+

Sandman
19-04-12, 15:09
thanks didnt need to put a password in, the only thing is my iphone doesnt pick my vu+ up. what do i need to type in to add my vu+

As long as you've installed the Airplay IPK and rebooted you shouldn't need to do anything....both my iPhone and iPad pick it up fine! (just make sure its enabled under the plugin menu!)

wazza_2
19-04-12, 16:37
ok thanks but cant get it to work on my iphone 3gs

wazza_2
20-04-12, 21:52
ok trying this on my mums ipad and it still doesnt pick up my box, it picks up my laptop and the pc upstairs. is they anything i have to turn on on my box or what or what do i put in manualy , thanks

Sandman
20-04-12, 22:18
ok trying this on my mums ipad and it still doesnt pick up my box, it picks up my laptop and the pc upstairs. is they anything i have to turn on on my box or what or what do i put in manualy , thanks

You definitely installed the Airplay plugin and can see it from the plugins menu? It can be configured but will work with the default settings...

wazza_2
21-04-12, 08:05
yes its there in the plugins just dont no how to type it into my iphone or ipad manualy. when i go on my phone it says add so i press that and it says;

http;//
username;
password;

dont no what to put in

wazza_2
22-04-12, 08:42
hi got it to work had to input it manualy, is they any codecs so we can watch bbciplayer on it

Sandman
22-04-12, 10:13
hi got it to work had to input it manualy, is they any codecs so we can watch bbciplayer on it

Have you tried the iPlayer app for your phone? I believe it has AirPlay!

edit - hmm...it may only work with an ATV...Not sure as I've never tried it and this plugin doesn't really work for me anyway lol

wazza_2
22-04-12, 15:59
What plugin AirPlay, I had to do it manually http://192.168._._:2869 then the username root

Dell_XPS
06-06-12, 12:42
Just installed this on my Ultimo, tried a few ipk fiiles, enigma2-plugin-extensions-airplayer_0.1.10_mipsel.ipk works fantastic, streaming you tube HD video to my Ultimo no probs, brilliant plugin well impressed :-), no additional files needed by the way, just install ipk file, you'll see the little airplay logo on yer iphone/ipad select airplay, and thats it on yer TV :-)

EDIT: only prob ive noticed doesnt stream music directly, and has an update available top left hand corner when viewing pictures, no biggie :-)

Larry-G
06-06-12, 13:15
yup working great here, although the fact that you need a premium-key after a few days is a bit of a ball ache. i'd rather just use YAMP and stream albums from my nas instead.

No.Trace
06-06-12, 13:49
Hi there ...

Version 0.2.4 is there, some informations here:
http://www.airplayer.biz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2

CU No.Trace !

eblaster101
11-06-12, 18:36
working great on dm8k going to make a donation for the code. Well impressed no issues with it appearing on the iphone/ipad. Didnt configure anything just ran the plugin and it worked.

Silent
12-06-12, 13:03
I upgraded to 0.2.4 and playing music from your iPhone is now considered premium, it said I have 13 days trial left.

Not really a loss, since it didn't actually work at all on 0.2.3. I only got Pictures, Videos and YouTube to work on that version.

pacha2
18-06-12, 22:24
Latest version 0.2.4 works well for me - Using a Duo with ViX 2.4.
Dead simple install just downloaded the latest Airplayer, FTP'd to /tmp and install local from the ViX menu.

YouTube and photos work well with iPhone and iPad. Only issue I have is that the video recorded on the iPhone 4S stutters due to the high bitrate for 1080p. Workaround is to press record on remote and it buffers the clip to disk.

samad
25-08-12, 21:30
Any updates on this? I would really want this to work too, but I am using openpli and I downloaded the plugin from http://code.google.com/p/airplayer/

but for some reason even after manual install it doesnt show up.

help #thanks

joetwizzy
17-09-12, 15:38
use the enigma2-plugin-extensions-airplayer_0.2.4_mips32el.ipk one

discuit
27-09-12, 17:07
Anyone got this working on the latest Duo image? I've got it installed and can se it on my iphone, but no music comes out of my speakers.

suityou69
19-10-12, 20:46
I'm running the following:

Vu Duo OE 3.0.378
Airplayer 0.3.1 Mipsel ipk

I was able to install without issue following the previous instructions about using telnet to install both the python requirements, followed by copying the ipk toi the temp directory and firing it off from the menu on the receiver to install.

I was able to get pictures to stream but no audio from my iPhone 4s (Just the Airplay screensaver)

Dug a little deeper and found that by replacing the asound.conf in the \etc directory with the one in attaching here solved the issue with audio streaming and now im fully functional :)

Hope this helps someone :thumbsup:

gmanbelfast
08-11-12, 21:07
I'm running the following:

Vu Duo OE 3.0.378
Airplayer 0.3.1 Mipsel ipk

I was able to install without issue following the previous instructions about using telnet to install both the python requirements, followed by copying the ipk toi the temp directory and firing it off from the menu on the receiver to install.

I was able to get pictures to stream but no audio from my iPhone 4s (Just the Airplay screensaver)

Dug a little deeper and found that by replacing the asound.conf in the \etc directory with the one in attaching here solved the issue with audio streaming and now im fully functional :)

Hope this helps someone :thumbsup:

This worked a treat :) Cheers

yasiree
25-11-12, 23:53
Hi
after the letest vix update airplay stop working error (Your Box can not decode this video stream, GStream QuickTime demuxer is not available):confused:

danivtec
26-11-12, 23:10
Hi
after the letest vix update airplay stop working error (Your Box can not decode this video stream, GStream QuickTime demuxer is not available):confused:

Getting this also. Error has been posted in the airplayer issues page

Clabs
28-11-12, 21:30
yasiree and danivtec

What version of Airplayer are you guys running? I am running 0.3.1 and it is working for me on my ultimos with latest 454 build. This is via iphone4 ios 5.0.1 I only have one Duo now which has not been used/updated for a while but if I get a chance, I will try it and see if I get the same error as you guys.

What I have noticed is that there is now an issue with the volume levels when you first start playing a video or mp3. When either first starts playing, my ultimo no longer recognises the volume setting of my iphone and shoves the sound through my tv at highest volume setting. Really made me jump first time this happened and I feared that I may have popped one of my speakers. If you press volume up or down on the ultimo, even briefly, the volume bar instantly drops back to where it should have been in the first place.

Unfortunately I cannot nail down the exact build number when this stopped working because it tends to be the kids that use this plugin and they are back at uni and I have since updated the rest of my boxes - but I am fairly certain it was working with build 416.

For further info, I have not made any changes to iphone or airplayer app since the volume problem so it does point to a change in Vix.

Anyone else experience this or who can test it for me?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 05:55
As this thread has nothing to do with a DUO I moved it to the correct section.

twol
21-01-13, 20:53
Just installed Airplayer 0.3.2b5 on VIX 568 and eventually got audio to work with usebuilt in proxy = No

64franco
24-07-13, 18:34
hi

i was wondering if someone could help. Now i have installed airplayer installed but i can not see on me iphone. I don't have appletv or apple extreme so my question do i require this? or do i need to open a port or have a web dongle on the box.

BubbleBalls
24-07-13, 23:37
Mine works from standard install. Air player should be enabled (at start up too) and once I use say YouTube I have an extra icon at the bottom of my iPhone 4. I take it you have donated? As it will stop after a day or two until you get a key.

iPhone 4 is standard - no additional apps etc - just stock iOS.

Tapatalker

64franco
25-07-13, 22:44
no joy on that.

i hear it might be due to router issues and the sending of unicast packets being stopped.

Flyingpig
03-09-13, 21:24
Just installed on my ET9000 with the latest ViX image and working fine with Youtube and Pics.....

One thing for peeps that are not sure on how to get it working which I struggled with -

Install from feeds on to your STB

On your IPAD / I Phone when you goto YouTube or Photos, there will be a little TV in teh corner, press it, and then you get a choice to play it on the ipad / iphone or your STB. (this is the bit I struggled with)

As when you dont know something you dont know. It may tbe the smallest, simplest thing for someone who knows, but when you dont, it is absoltuely useless!!

Anyways... Is their a license that needs purchasing for this or something?

Ta,

FP.

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 21:33
Long press blue button/select Airplayer and support data and PayPal details are listed there. And in my post I said an extra icon appears on the phone😀

Tapatalker

Flyingpig
03-09-13, 21:37
Long press blue button/select Airplayer and support data and PayPal details are listed there. And in my post I said an extra icon appears on the phone��

Tapatalker

Does the playback of Youtube vids playback without the license - as I have just read it is only for certain items? I am only going to playback youtube and photos.

and yes, you did mention it. Thankyou!!

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 21:42
I think nothing works without the licence. If I remember correctly I got a pop up when the trial expired. I use this often enough as its just so handy/instant so worth the donation.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound smart - I was also unsure how to work it initially - it's a happy feeling when that icon appears that was never there before.

Tapatalker

Clabs
03-09-13, 22:22
Unless it has changed recently, this works fine for Youtube and pictures - it is just streaming MP3s that require a premium key.

Whatever - it is a fine plugin and one of the most used in our household so was happy with the minimal donation.

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 22:27
Unless it has changed recently, this works fine for Youtube and pictures - it is just streaming MP3s that require a premium key.

Whatever - it is a fine plugin and one of the most used in our household so was happy with the minimal donation.

TBH didn't know that. Must not have been paying attention.

Tapatalker

Flyingpig
31-10-13, 18:56
Hello all,

I recently upgraded vix to build 773 and became a premium user of the airplayer. However since I did both of these the video from YouTube off my ipad is not full screen and floats around the middle like a screensaver?\

Any ideas how to get full screen video back?\

Thanks\

FP
}

Clabs
31-10-13, 20:11
This is working fine for me via Iphone on IOS 5.0.1 and Ipad on IOS 6.0.1 - tested on Vuduo2 build 773

What IOS are you using and what version Airplayer?

Flyingpig
01-11-13, 00:03
All sorted.. I think it was because I changed the http port from the standard...... Thanks for your help.

Clabs
01-11-13, 00:17
All sorted.. I think it was because I changed the http port from the standard...... Thanks for your help.

Nice one buddy. Glad it is all sorted and thanks for reporting back.