PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] 2nd info bar

BadBoy
19-01-12, 21:31
Still not timing out for me?

Rob van der Does
20-01-12, 07:41
Still not timing out for me?
Well, works fine here. You updated to build 190?

BadBoy
20-01-12, 08:10
Yes, what's your settings?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
20-01-12, 08:15
Any time-out set to the SIB works fine here.
Sure you set that? As there's a separate setting for the normal infobar.

BadBoy
20-01-12, 09:11
I have both set to 3 secs and if I select info on a channel it does not timeout, if I select info from quick EPG using left/right it does not timeout either

Rob van der Does
20-01-12, 10:47
Well, can only suggest to do a reflash then, as apparently 'something' has not been completely updated.
I have a UNO, DUO and Ultimo on the release version, and after the online update to build 190 this works fine on all three.

andyblac
20-01-12, 11:50
I have both set to 3 secs and if I select info on a channel it does not timeout, if I select info from quick EPG using left/right it does not timeout either

we are talking about 2nd info bar here (2 presses of 'OK') NOT others screens, i.e. if you use info bar epg is NOT designed to timeout, nor is pressing the info button on ET's whilst whaching the tv

BadBoy
20-01-12, 12:06
we are talking about 2nd info bar here (2 presses of 'OK') NOT others screens, i.e. if you use info bar epg is NOT designed to timeout, nor is pressing the info button on ET's whilst whaching the tv

OK, that clears up my confusion. So to view the 2nd info bar I must press OK twice.

Is there a reason why we can't see the info bar without pressing OK twice?

andyblac
20-01-12, 12:47
OK, that clears up my confusion. So to view the 2nd info bar I must press OK twice.

Is there a reason why we can't see the info bar without pressing OK twice?

what do you have it set too ?, 2IB or EventInfo ?, it is called 2nd infobar for that reason it is just that 2nd (i.e. 2 presses), how else would you want it opened ?

canthackit
20-01-12, 15:47
@ andy

just noticed that this thread refers to a ET9000 i'm talking about a VU+ Duo

sorry mate i posted on the other thread concerning this matter, i've got the same problem as the OP mate, since the last update 2 pushes of the ok button brings up the program info alright, but it disappears after a set time like the info bar, and it never used to before the update...........anyway i cant read that fast it's goes off to quickly :D

minor problem i know but it's bugging me :D

just found another problem my HDD has been removed it's not listed anywhere.

regards: canthackit

BadBoy
20-01-12, 16:45
Within the customise menu options you can set the timeout delay, it wasn't working before and the bug has been fixed now so that it does timeout.

BadBoy
20-01-12, 16:48
what do you have it set too ?, 2IB or EventInfo ?, it is called 2nd infobar for that reason it is just that 2nd (i.e. 2 presses), how else would you want it opened ?

I have my box set so that it zaps and then exits when I change a channel by pressing ok, so pressing ok twice will not work and I have to press the info button.

I would like it to show the programme info when browsing the channels using left/right

andyblac
20-01-12, 17:37
@ andy

just noticed that this thread refers to a ET9000 i'm talking about a VU+ Duo

sorry mate i posted on the other thread concerning this matter, i've got the same problem as the OP mate, since the last update 2 pushes of the ok button brings up the program info alright, but it disappears after a set time like the info bar, and it never used to before the update...........anyway i cant read that fast it's goes off to quickly :D

minor problem i know but it's bugging me :D

just found another problem my HDD has been removed it's not listed anywhere.

correct it has been fixed so it time-out like it should, you can set the timeout in customise "2nd Infobar timeout"

andyblac
20-01-12, 17:41
I have my box set so that it zaps and then exits when I change a channel by pressing ok, so pressing ok twice will not work and I have to press the info button.

I would like it to show the programme info when browsing the channels using left/right

use the press info button to show event info screen , when browsing channel with left/right (that screen is QuickEPG, it allows you do anything you can the SingleEPG)

BadBoy
21-01-12, 02:00
use the press info button to show event info screen , when browsing channel with left/right (that screen is QuickEPG, it allows you do anything you can the SingleEPG)

That what I am doing, but it will only show now and next and is still an extra step

canthackit
21-01-12, 05:37
@ all

forget my comment about the HDD not being recognised, at the same time i did the update i moved the external HDD caddy and it disconnected the HDD:rolleyes:

pushed it back in evrything working beautifully :thumbsup:

andyblac
21-01-12, 19:30
That what I am doing, but it will only show now and next and is still an extra step

so what you after ? the description to show above the info bar maybe ?

BadBoy
21-01-12, 19:59

That would be ideal andy, other option would be to stick it where the crypt info is shown

Rob van der Does
22-01-12, 06:26

That would be ideal andy,
Then give Magic-HD a try: the second infobar does exactly that.

BadBoy
22-01-12, 11:49
Then give Magic-HD a try: the second infobar does exactly that.

Rob, indeed it does. It takes up the whole screen though and I could never got in with the Magic skin before.

I am wanting to see the epg description as I scroll over the quick epg for each event like the main guide does. 2nd info bar just gives you now and next.

andyblac
23-01-12, 17:40
That would be ideal andy, other option would be to stick it where the crypt info is shown

something like this ? Thinking of updating QuickEPG (left/right) activation.

BadBoy
23-01-12, 18:01
something like this ? Thinking of updating QuickEPG (left/right) activation.

Thats exactly what I'm after :thumbsup:. Does it show this for each quick epg item/event?

andyblac
23-01-12, 23:54
yes as you scroll through the events the description changes.

pooface
24-01-12, 00:00
yes as you scroll through the events the description changes.

And seems to be working sweet too :)

BadBoy
24-01-12, 00:01
Quality, I should get to test it before release too :)