PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Recent update today

Foxylady
19-01-12, 13:26
Hi all,
Box working sweet as usual now worries since update today, also not sure if posting in correct area on here.
But can the programmers please please remove that gastly ugly looking white box that now appears as a background on the TUNER A / B on the info bar please as it really does look cheap.
Please put it back to how it was.
Much appreciated :thumbsup:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Pedrosgolf/Sany0065.jpg

Sicilian
19-01-12, 13:30
Why does it look cheap? This was done for clarity. Personaly I prefer it.

Foxylady
19-01-12, 13:39
It stands out too much overpowering.
Before the actual letter was lit not the background to it, it flows with everything in the info bar, whereas this sticks out

Sicilian
19-01-12, 13:55
Well we cant please everyone :rolleyes:

Sicilian
19-01-12, 13:57
Moved to the correct section.

Read again here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15017-ViX-Team-Support-Centre-added-to-the-Forum&p=109223#post109223

andyblac
19-01-12, 14:50
Hi all,
Box working sweet as usual now worries since update today, also not sure if posting in correct area on here.
But can the programmers please please remove that gastly ugly looking white box that now appears as a background on the TUNER A / B on the info bar please as it really does look cheap.
Please put it back to how it was.
Much appreciated :thumbsup:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Pedrosgolf/Sany0065.jpg

would making it green for active be acceptable ?

Sicilian
19-01-12, 14:53
Green proberbly blends in better with the icons along the top.

andyblac
19-01-12, 14:56
Green proberbly blends in better with the icons along the top.

i thought that about the crypto info ;), i guess i was wrong :confused:

Braggster
19-01-12, 15:45
Hi guys im in agreement with Foxy!! it does look tacky with the white box highlighting the tuner what was wrong with the old image? on my ET9000 the whitebox overhangs to the right of tuner A!!

As Sic did metion you cant please everyone!!

Each to there own preference i suppose! but then again i dont sit there watching the info bar as im watching the tv programme itself lol

As for Andy keep up the good work :thumbsup: but it was ok for me personally before the highlight of tuner was added.

harryoz
19-01-12, 17:18
I agree it looks NAFF

Sicilian
19-01-12, 17:25
Well one thing is for sure, it proves how good VIX is, if this is all there is to groan about :p :zoom:

punisher
19-01-12, 18:14
Lmao sic, that is so true :p

Foxylady
19-01-12, 18:27
Sicllian i know you can not please all, but i feel it really doesn't look good on the i.e. in terms of flowing with other colours etc.
Thanks guys for support, least i am not going mad :D
The concept to make it show better than previous is a really good idea, as sometimes it is hard to spot.
Think maybe green or the blue letters might be better, but will not know til it is actually shown, no box as background as this is the part that over powers it.
Much appreciated and many thanks for taking onboard my opinon and understanding.
Reason this forum rocks.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stanman
19-01-12, 22:04
Andy knows my views on the box around the active tuner but TBH I don't think turning it green will be better as it will not sit with the rest of the letter colouring around that area.

if its an option of green or stay with the box I would keep the box.

As others have said, it comes on the screen for less than 5 seconds so hardly the most irritating experience in live.

Foxylady
20-01-12, 08:44
As others have said, it comes on the screen for less than 5 seconds so hardly the most irritating experience in live.

But clearly an important change as why change it, regardless of period of time it is on.
I was putting my view across only and ask why it had been changed as it does stand out as it did not prior to update.
If it stayed the same so be it, no need to be rude in your reply.
The vix team spend so much time in giving us a cracking image, keeping it upto date and looking plus working great, i was just posting a little niggle which i thought ruined the look they had give the v2.3 image, not having an attack toward them.
Why would i? they make images for our boxes :rolleyes:
Best wishes

Larry-G
20-01-12, 08:52
But clearly an important change as why change it, regardless of period of time it is on.
I was putting my view across only and ask why it had been changed as it does stand out as it did not prior to update.
The vix team spend so much time in giving us a cracking image, keeping it upto date and looking plus working great, i was just posting a little niggle which i thought ruined the look they had give the v2.3 image, not having an attack toward them.
Best wishes

no one is having a go at you and i am sorry if it comes across in that way.
we always welcome feedback and comments about the ViX image good or bad and there are not many teams who listen to their user-base in the same way that we do.

BadBoy
20-01-12, 09:09
What about it being blue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

marty
20-01-12, 10:48
Isn't it down to what skin you use? With the skin I use it's always been green :)

pooface
20-01-12, 10:49
What about it being blue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Stop with all the colour requests, otherwise we'll have silverfox asking for it to be pink :eek::eek::eek:

Personally, it didn't bother me that much. Hardly even struck out at me. I thought it looked good how it was :sofahide:

Isn't it down to what skin you use? With the skin I use it's always been green :)

Yes, it is down to the skin you use...

Rob van der Does
20-01-12, 10:53
I don't know about other skins, but in Magic-HD only tuners that are actually being used show up. They do so in yellow if that tuner is recording and in green if the tuner is in use for live-TV.

zola25
20-01-12, 11:35
I didnt even notice it till i read this thread :)

BadBoy
20-01-12, 12:10
Maybe have it centered within the box if not blue/pink/green.

Foxylady
20-01-12, 12:49
Silverfox requesting pink pmsl :D

That's the Alubrush skin which i always used until vix brought these cracking night skins.
Cracking as in not backside licking, but as in design wise being perfect for the eyes as regard everything flows and colour choice is very well thought out wiht the pastle type blue and green

canthackit
20-01-12, 15:41
sorry posted on the appropiate thread now

after the update i've got a problem:rolleyes:

whereby once upon a time 2 pushes of the ok button brought up the proggie info and remained on until we pressed ok again, now it dont it just shuts down automaticaly like the info bar...........unless of course you're going to tell me there's a way of setting the delay as in the info bar.

apart from that love the image andy:D

regards: canthackit

pooface
20-01-12, 16:29
unless of course you're going to tell me there's a way of setting the delay as in the info bar.

can't remember 100%, but in customise, is there not a setting for the second infobar to tell it how long you want it to stay on for?! This can be changed indefinitely iirc?!

canthackit
20-01-12, 16:33
i've been looking and not found it yet mate:rolleyes:

still investigating tho:confused:

pooface
20-01-12, 16:40

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Customise:

Sicilian
20-01-12, 16:52

Menu > Setup > System > Customize > 2nd Infobae Timeout ;)

Stanman
20-01-12, 23:59
Best wishes

My reply was not intended solely for you, if it had been than I would have quoted you in the reply.

I've re read it twice and there is nothing in there that anyone could construe as rude, if anything offended your sensibilities than I apologies.

Nice use of the sarcastic rolls eyes:thumbsup::thumbsup:

owenb
22-01-12, 10:54
minor irratition on a gr8 image be thankful for the gr8 image and support, no other image makers listen to the ppl like vix