PDA

View Full Version : help with recorded program playback

andy2110
18-01-12, 22:45
i have started a recording via timer of a program and i want to watch it, it started at 9pm but doesnt finish until 10pm, when i go to the recorded items it still has the red icon, as its still recording, my issue is i want to watch this now, do i have to wait until the end to start watching it? as when i press on it it just goes back to the menu of recorded items. Any help to keep her in doors will be good thanks

dfdream
18-01-12, 23:04
Andy it sounds as if its not recording at all.
Does the recording have a time beside it while its recording.
If it doesnt then the recording is blank.
If the recording is OK then you should be able to start viewing at any stage of the rrecording.

Dell_XPS
18-01-12, 23:12
It should play m8, just done what you are asking, plays while still
recording.

andy2110
18-01-12, 23:15
Andy it sounds as if its not recording at all.
Does the recording have a time beside it while its recording.
If it doesnt then the recording is blank.
If the recording is OK then you should be able to start viewing at any stage of the rrecording.

It seems as though the box was flashing record on the front, it also had the red icon but it wasnt recording as the time was at 0.00

psionguy
19-01-12, 11:39
It seems as though the box was flashing record on the front, it also had the red icon but it wasnt recording as the time was at 0.00

There is a known recording issue since the last update, and a new set of drivers issued to fix the problem, just checking that you have done this update?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14363-ViX-2-3-%28Linux-3-1-1%29-Timer-Recordings-Not-Working-Properly&highlight=drivers

andy2110
19-01-12, 21:42
i wasnt aware of the issue but am now so thanks psionguy i will have a look at that thread and act where needed

Rob van der Does
20-01-12, 07:54
Or just do an online update and you will have the latest drivers (and other improvements).

andy2110
20-01-12, 11:11
how do i do the online update? do i press blue goto vix and update?

Rob van der Does
20-01-12, 11:14
How do I do the online update? Do I press blue, goto vix and update?
That's the way!