PDA

View Full Version : epg simply doesnt work

dan44762000
18-01-12, 15:26
i have cool tv guide and graphical multi epg installed on my box but neither work .
well they do work but dont show all the channel listings and even then i have too manually select a channel before it will tell me whats on that channel and when i select single epg it only shows two programmes never the whole schedule.

it did update the sources rytec ones for uk ....once but i have since tried to do a manual update and it just hangs ,,doing nothing....

i like my image so installing a diffrent one is not a option .

would just like the epg to work . as well as the one on a sly box does and i would be very happy .

its bad enough having to go looking through foreign channel tv guides much less a uk one aswell .

can anyone help
thanks dan

mcquaim
18-01-12, 16:05
I haven't had a TM800 HD in a good while but the EPG used to work just fine for me..

What image are you using?

I don't want to state the obvious but as well as selecting the sources are you scheduling the EPG to be downloaded each day?

dan44762000
18-01-12, 17:08
I haven't had a TM800 HD in a good while but the EPG used to work just fine for me..

What image are you using?

I don't want to state the obvious but as well as selecting the sources are you scheduling the EPG to be downloaded each day?

tm800-ur1.0.0.0-03/05/11
and yes i had the epg import on auto enabled ,,,
i have since removed the cool tv guide plugin . . . . am going to try and find just the cool tv epg plugin and install it manually ....

do you know where i can find the latest cool tv epg for my box ? ?
thanks dan

Sicilian
18-01-12, 17:15
The latest Coolepg will not work in the TM800 version of Enigma 2. Pretty sure this is the latest that you can use ttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2371-Cool-TV-Guide-V2-0-10-by-Coolman

mcquaim
18-01-12, 17:19
I know you said that you didn't want to change your image but have you ever tried the WOS IQ image? I found it to be the best and the EPG worked fine for me on it..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9954-World-of-Satellite-IQ-CoolTV-EPG-Edition-31-07-11-lean-and-fast!

Another option for you perhaps...

dan44762000
18-01-12, 17:32
no i would rather go without the epg than install a diffrent image at the moment , really like the look of the one i got now , have manually installed epg importer from these forums and it is updating as i type this.
have also ftp over cool epg guide that was mentioned above and installed fine but am waiting for the epg updater to finnish before i install the cool epg plugin .
will update in a bit ..
thanks dan

danmed
19-01-12, 20:15
The latest version of Coolepg i know of that works with the tm800hd is 2.2.2 by Coolman.

i've never personally had any luck installing it myself but i've recently switched from the WOS image to the latest DW image based on the unreleased IQ firmware and it's fantastic..

dan44762000
20-01-12, 18:26
The latest version of Coolepg i know of that works with the tm800hd is 2.2.2 by Coolman.

i've never personally had any luck installing it myself but i've recently switched from the WOS image to the latest DW image based on the unreleased IQ firmware and it's fantastic..

link to the firmware please . and it works on the tm800hd right ? ? and also a epg is incuded ? ?

kaos
21-01-12, 04:10
link to the firmware please . and it works on the tm800hd right ? ? and also a epg is incuded ? ?

The image is TM800 iQ-DW mod 2011-11-28.rar from here: http://www.******************.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM800HD%20Linux/DW%20images/

The image is really good ive been using it since it came out look here: http://www.*************.co.uk/276853-tm800-iq-28-11-a-2.html

It has alot included but the HD Skins have a problem i just use what comes with it ( perfect ). Its a def recommended image personaly

Sicilian
21-01-12, 06:15
@ kaos, please stop posting live link's to site that promote other forums and retailers other than our sponsor. If you wish to help you can easily post the images and guide here.

Thanks.

dan44762000
21-01-12, 12:43
The image is TM800 iQ-DW mod 2011-11-28.rar from here: http://www.******************.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM800HD%20Linux/DW%20images/

The image is really good ive been using it since it came out look here: http://www.*************.co.uk/276853-tm800-iq-28-11-a-2.html

It has alot included but the HD Skins have a problem i just use what comes with it ( perfect ). Its a def recommended image personaly

send them over in pm please .

kaos
21-01-12, 14:19
Here is the image XXXXXXX i will pm you with other info. And sorry for the direct links it was not for promoting other sites just wanted to help and didn't have the time.

Sicilian
22-01-12, 08:51
Here is the image XXXXXXX i will pm you with other info. And sorry for the direct links it was not for promoting other sites just wanted to help and didn't have the time.

In future please post images in the images section http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15287-TM800-iQ-DW-mod-2011-11-28

Why use the PM system? That does NOT help others. Post the info here so it benefits all!

dan44762000
22-01-12, 11:37
In future please post images in the images section http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15287-TM800-iQ-DW-mod-2011-11-28

Why use the PM system? That does NOT help others. Post the info here so it benefits all!

because you have told him not to post links !

Sicilian
22-01-12, 11:42
because you have told him not to post links !

Read my post, I said post the info, not links! As in post the guides here.

dan44762000
22-01-12, 15:25
Read my post, I said post the info, not links! As in post the guides here.

there is no info ! he wanted to send me links to where i could obtain the image but was not allowed as per forum rules . so the only way to do it while keeping within the forum rules is to send via pm.
regards daniel

Sicilian
22-01-12, 17:02
The links contained guides that could have been posted here.

kaos
22-01-12, 22:57
The links contained guides that could have been posted here.

Hey sicillian i followed what you said about the PM now this, personally i think you are affraid that others may find better info etc and leave your site to which i think is B***hit, i belive sharing good info should be open to everyone to make up there own minds on what they want, how do you think things get better.
Whats the point of trying to help people here ( no disrespect to people here needing it ) if you wrap your rules in cotton wool when it comes to pointing someone to a better source of help especially for the TM800HD.
I'am a member of a fair few sat sites, i just like to help.

"Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others?"
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sicilian
23-01-12, 17:44
Hey sicillian i followed what you said about the PM now this, personally i think you are affraid that others may find better info etc and leave your site to which i think is B***hit, i belive sharing good info should be open to everyone to make up there own minds on what they want, how do you think things get better.
Whats the point of trying to help people here ( no disrespect to people here needing it ) if you wrap your rules in cotton wool when it comes to pointing someone to a better source of help especially for the TM800HD.
I'am a member of a fair few sat sites, i just like to help.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well if you think this site is bullshit why did you bother to join and visit?

Regards the links/site in question the same forum removed links/screenshots to us, so why should we allow links/screenshots to them? I dont care if we had links posted here to that particualar forum, but they need to do the same for us.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Do I really need to answer that?! :rolleyes:

Larry-G
23-01-12, 18:17
At the end of the day this forum like all others have rules in place for all users to follow, staff and regular users included. when you sign up to a forum you agree to abide by these rules.

now back to the topic, if you have a image or tutorial you can upload it to this site providing it does not contain links to another forum, the same applies on almost all satellite based forums.

abu baniaz
24-05-12, 23:49
From another forum.....
The reason it did not import the epg was that the rytek sources.xml needed to be updated.

OpenTV epg did not work on TM-TWIN-OE just as on the TM800. On the vix changelog there was refernece to OPenTV being fixed. This fix was implemented into a PLI based image and the stream epg worked fine.

Would the fix also work on the TM800?

simon4545
25-05-12, 00:23
Sometimes you have to wait a while for the EPG to show the full 7 days Astra 19.2E Seems to near enough be instant but freesat seems to take a good while don't know why it must be they have more channels on there EPG?