PDA

View Full Version : Recorded few hours of HD .ts in my vu duo - now cannot SPLIT IT? please help

samad
18-01-12, 06:04
I basically recorded like 10 hours of sky sports HD on my internal hdd in vu duo.

Now here is the problem:

filesize is 40gb.

I tried
http://www.ffprojects.net/tssplitter/ but it cannot load the file of 40gb, keeps thinking and thinking.

Any good software to handle this problem?

Rob van der Does
18-01-12, 07:19
Now here is the problem: filesize is 40gb.

Why would that be a problem?

Larry-G
18-01-12, 09:26
you could try TSdoctor although it has been several years since i last used this and i do believe it is not free.

samad
22-01-12, 22:38
OK let me try that.

is there no way I can get the vu duo to auto split files when recording? or do something so filesize is not big.

cuz I usually record and release my own edited videos on my youtube channel

for that I always have large HD files.

and when files are so big over 30gb, its annoying that those ts softwares do not work, one did work but out of sync.

phoenix i will try yours and let you know

samad
22-01-12, 22:43
Why would that be a problem?

most of the freeware ts softwares get stuck.

samad
22-01-12, 23:18
you could try TSdoctor although it has been several years since i last used this and i do believe it is not free.

Thanks a lot. it worked! Did the job, and no out of sync problem.

Once again really really thanks from the bottom of my heart.

I tried over 30 softwares all had glitches.

This one worked like a charm.

Will recommend it to others too, who deal with large .ts files.

I just opened a 80gb .ts file and cut a 1minute scene and saved it. WORKED!

Larry-G
22-01-12, 23:28
i'm happy it worked for you, as i said it has been several years since i last used it but like most things it's worth paying a little for a good working piece of software.

samad
22-01-12, 23:35
Totally agreed. I downloaded the trial and it did the job, will buy a license.

Cheers.

Sicilian
23-01-12, 08:07
Moved to correct section :rolleyes:

mcquaim
23-01-12, 11:11
The BETA version of TSDoctor is still freeware thankfully. I have a zip file at home that I can upload if I'm allowed in this forum?

Stanman
23-01-12, 19:21
The BETA version of TSDoctor is still freeware thankfully. I have a zip file at home that I can upload if I'm allowed in this forum?

If its genuinely free and available than upload either here or a filesharing site but if it was a time restricted release, than don't post on forum.

kegrka
27-01-12, 18:22
I use DVD shrink as far as i'm aware it freeware, I just down load from Vu using firefox to my PC and edit in the PC you can then FTP it back to ur VU or as I do use Roxio (not free) to stream it back :)

manikm
27-01-12, 19:01
DVRSTUDIO mate

get a 30 day trial

_http://www.haenlein-software.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=82ea8a6820462537cb4eb65178edf8 90&REMARK=newSession

mcquaim
27-01-12, 19:13
You can you this either, works well..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15496-TS-Doctor-1-1-49-Beta-Freeware

Johev
20-02-12, 17:08
Hi everybody and sorry to post in this thread, but I have a question directly related to this one.

1) I would like to know if it is possible to edit the recording in the VIX Image itself, without the need of an external computer / laptop. My father has a DVD recorded with a PVR function (HDD), and after recording 2h-3h on it he can split the files, or just remove the advertisement directly in the DVD recorder. It is a very basic edition, just cut out parts (you select when to start and where to end, and then that you want it removed), this is great for the unwanted advertisement as it does not split the file and you are left with just one clean file which you can also split into different files (example would be you have recorded 2 films).

2) I have read about this solution but from what I understand it requires a PC to operate. If this would be the only way to edit the recorded video, does it require you to copy the file into the computer or is it possible to edit it while it is still in the box?

My father uses a Xtrend ET 9200 Silverline edition, just for information.

Than you all for helping me with this question.

Rob van der Does
20-02-12, 17:21
Yes you can.
Install the moviecut plugin and you are able to edit movies.

And if you install the DVD-burn plugin, you can also make DVD's, complete with menu. You can either burn the DVD (if an (USB)DVD-burner is attached) or create an ISO-file.

Johev
20-02-12, 21:25
Thank you very much Rob for the useful information. I will try the plugin and let you know how it goes.

Regarding the external USB DVD drives, will any drive work or will I need special codec for it? I was even looking for an external blue ray drive, but they are still quite expensive.

As to the use of the of the TS Doctor, can I load the files directly from the box HDD or will I need to transfer them first to a PC and only then edit the file?

Thanks once again for all the information.

Rob van der Does
21-02-12, 06:19
1- Any drive will do, but powerconsumption is often a problem. Try to find one which has it's own PSU.
2- Blue ray is not supported in any Linux system (although most of the are combo's, so they are also DVD-drives).
3- The plugin does require some training to work properly. I won't be able to help you there.