PDA

View Full Version : new setup, working well

jop99
17-01-12, 17:22
hi. I'm new to the world of enigma2 (well.. anything that's not the standard sly stb TBH)
I recently brought a Vu+ Duo and had no idea what to do with it. I picked Vix, because after looking at others and not really knowing what I was doing I found the information and support offered on this forum fantastic.

I've managed to update my boot loader, install your latest image, setup the device with satellites and the excellent bouquet's from silverfox. got the EPG exactly how i want it, I've installed various plugins, My sly card works, as do i now understand C:lines.
I should point out that i had no idea what any of these terms were before i signed up to this site, and I've managed all this without having to ask a single question.

So.. Thank you to all of you who have contributed to not only the excellent image, but all the support forum, from the sticky's to the dumb questions (you saved me asking).
(one thing i will say, is there are many toolbox's for windows but MAC support is very limited... still I got there in the end TY)

I don't think i'll try another image, VIX seems to have everything i want anyway.

I got so excited by the VIX/DUO I brought an openbox s10 to play with also..... needless to say i was less impressed. :confused:

Maxwell
17-01-12, 17:38
Excellent first post and well done :thumbsup:
its not many total noobs that get it right first time and now you can pass on some of the knowledge you have gained, in particular using the Mac for your setup, feel free to jump in if you think you can help someone.
Oh and a warm welcome to the forum :cool:

pooface
17-01-12, 18:05
Welcome, and congrats on getting it all setup and done without the need to ask any questions. And thanks for contributing to the forum, even if just to tell us how you managed to do it all :thumbsup: Soon, you'll be helping others :)

As you've found, there isn't much in support of the mac. But, tbh, you don't need much. For telnet, just use the terminal. For ftp, I use transmit. iDreamX is a good tool too. Only thing really missing, is a decent settings editor. There are wine ports of dreamboxedit, which is what I'm using, but could do with a good decent native app for settings editing...

Anyway, enjoy your stay around the forum :D

Larry-G
17-01-12, 18:19
Welcome, and congrats on getting it all setup and done without the need to ask any questions. And thanks for contributing to the forum, even if just to tell us how you managed to do it all :thumbsup: Soon, you'll be helping others :)

As you've found, there isn't much in support of the mac. But, tbh, you don't need much. For telnet, just use the terminal. For ftp, I use transmit. iDreamX is a good tool too. Only thing really missing, is a decent settings editor. There are wine ports of dreamboxedit, which is what I'm using, but could do with a good decent native app for settings editing...

Anyway, enjoy your stay around the forum :D

Yes i have to agree, although i have never used a Mac i am rather perplexed as to why there are so very few native programs in our hobby for those of us who use a Mac rather than a pc, The same applies to those using Linux as their chosen Operating system.

jop99
19-01-12, 21:46
thanks all. I'm going to try and write up what i did for others to use. it just takes me some time.