PDA

View Full Version : watch recording and record at same time

tolmie
17-01-12, 12:47
Can someone tell me this, on the solo, can you watch a film or recording from your nas and record at the same time. Also can you see what you have setup to record apart from looking at epg and finally,if you set a recording to say 3.00am, can the box switch off instead of staying on.

Cheers

Rob van der Does
17-01-12, 12:51
Can someone tell me this, on the solo, can you watch a film or recording from your nas and record at the same time.
Yes you can. Even when multiple recordings are in progress.

Also can you see what you have setup to record apart from looking at epg
Yes you can: see timers (green button)

if you set a recording to say 3.00am, can the box switch off instead of staying on.
Of course you can.
And the recordings will even be made :p

Good exercise in quoting, this three-in-one of yours...... :cool:

tolmie
17-01-12, 13:27
How do i do the last one.

Rob van der Does
17-01-12, 13:34
How do i do the last one.
Just switch the box of.......
If you always want the box to be switched off (or deep sleep as people call it), make the setting for it in the customise menu (there are options for long- and short pushing the power button).

Sicilian
17-01-12, 13:58
I'm pretty sure when you set a timer you have the option to say what the receivers does after the recording, not in front of TV right now so cant really check.

tolmie
17-01-12, 14:02
Yeah sicilian your correct, i'll check it tonght.

Rob van der Does
17-01-12, 14:10
I'm pretty sure when you set a timer you have the option to say what the receivers does after the recording, not in front of TV right now so cant really check.
And that settings is "Auto" by default, meaning the box is going to do what it did before the recording started, unless you are watching TV or so.

So if the box was "off" when the recording started it'll go to off again when the recording is done.

tolmie
17-01-12, 15:07
Robin, when I set the recording to auto and set it to record at midnight I was in my bed so it def wasnt on yet when I got up in the morning it was on. Ive set another recording for 3pm today, I'll see what that one does. If I can change it to go off that will do the trick anyway.

Rob van der Does
17-01-12, 16:20
My bedroom UNO is off by default. The setting in the timer is "auto". The box wakes up to make recordings, and goes off again when done.
That's the normal and expected behaviour: no special settings needed for that.
Of course there can be other reasons for the box to be "on", such as powermanagement settings or EPG-imports during deep sleep.

Stanman
17-01-12, 21:23
My bedroom UNO is off by default. The setting in the timer is "auto". The box wakes up to make recordings, and goes off again when done.
That's the normal and expected behaviour: no special settings needed for that.
Of course there can be other reasons for the box to be "on", such as powermanagement settings or EPG-imports during deep sleep.

Thats correct Rob, I have he wifes crap set to record at 2AM and box records it from standby and goes back to sleep afterwards.

a7farouk
21-01-12, 09:19
can i determine the length of rec to stop at size came 4 gaga and continue rec to end film !
main divide the film in many parts (each part = 4 gaga) to copy it on dvd

Rob van der Does
21-01-12, 09:21
Nope, as the TS is an exact copy of what has been transmitted by the channel, the size of a recording will depend on the bitrate used.
Se for yourself when comparing size/time/channel of recordings.

a7farouk
21-01-12, 09:37
i can make it in dreambox 600 by determine the size to rec. in the options .. but i cant find this option in vu+ solo ( i use vti image 3.1 )
and it works auto.

Rob van der Does
21-01-12, 11:29
Correct: ViX doesn't have that option.
And tbh: AFAIK you're the first one ever asking for it, as hardly anybody uses (real) DVD's nowadays.
Just out of curiosity: why do you?

I think you could use the plugin DVD-burn for this (also for making DVD-ISO-files), although it's quite some work. Never actually tried it myself.

a7farouk
21-01-12, 12:04
because my interest is rec. films . convert and burn it in dvd with its titles as dvd original so i need the size as dvd size to keep the quality

Rob van der Does
21-01-12, 13:51
OK, best idea seems to use the DVD-burn functionality.

a7farouk
21-01-12, 13:59
OK, how can i burn it with dvd burn function ?

Rob van der Does
21-01-12, 14:12
LOL, just give it a try. Should be self-explaining, but as I said: didn't try it myself (that is: I did, but must be 2 years ago; worked then).