PDA

View Full Version : Wlan on ultimo anyone using

mmcmedia
16-01-12, 20:36
Does anyone with a ultimo use wlan and the dongle that comes with it , iam also using 2 duos aswell which work flawless on wlan bit tried exact same settings on ultimo and nothing feck all anyone have any ideas failing that anyone for a ultimo ?

thanx

pooface
16-01-12, 20:46
Does anyone with a ultimo use wlan and the dongle that comes with it , iam also using 2 duos aswell which work flawless on wlan bit tried exact same settings on ultimo and nothing feck all anyone have any ideas failing that anyone for a ultimo ?

thanx

Give ya £300 for it ;) :p hehe :baby:

If nothing is working, yet the wireless on duo etc are fine, have you tried changing the channel no!? Might be interference in the room where the ultimo is?! Are you sure you can get a signal in that room at that place?!

punisher
16-01-12, 20:52
Also whats encryption type u using? Try turning encryption off on ur router and then see if the ultimo connects. If that works, enable ur encryption an on ultimo just set it to wpa. See if that connects. Basically try different encryption types on ultimo to see if it works

mmcmedia
16-01-12, 21:03
Give ya £300 for it ;) :p hehe :baby:

If nothing is working, yet the wireless on duo etc are fine, have you tried changing the channel no!? Might be interference in the room where the ultimo is?! Are you sure you can get a signal in that room at that place?!

yer trying to xchange a duo for ultimo in the same room and duo connects nps ill knock off encryption tomorrow n try again if not £460 :eek:

Stanman
16-01-12, 21:23
MMc closed your other thread and not sure how much of what gone on was in jest but if you do sell the Ultimo and want to offer PF first refusal please post it in your thread.

mmcmedia
16-01-12, 21:34
:thumbsup:

Ev0
16-01-12, 21:52
Have you got a usb stick connected to the rear next to the wlan dongle ?

pooface
16-01-12, 22:31
Sorry mmc, I was just kidding about offering to purchase it... But, I would say to stick at it for a while longer... Once you get it up and running, and sure you'll be wanting to keep it ;)

mmcmedia
17-01-12, 08:58
Your probaly right tbh , i had same teething issues when i first had duo but now they run sweet on wlan , its just probaly a setting or as usual summat simple right in front of me gonna try again today

And EvO theres no usb stick in the rear atm just the wlan dongle that comes with box

thanx

Ev0
17-01-12, 11:17
Ok I can't help in that case i'm afraid.

I had heard they might be an issue if you have a usb stick plugged in at the same time as you try and setup the wlan dongle, but once setup it works fine even with a usb stick plugged in,

mmcmedia
18-01-12, 18:38
Had to start of unencrypted and add security after , dont know why but all working , had to turn of the blue buttons kept me awake last night & gotto sort out the vfd display aint keen on the picons but it seems theres about 6 different settings for the vfd writing and position like the style of this one .

Overall impressed but dont think it justifies the xtra money compared to a duo and takes an eternity to flash an image

Rob van der Does
18-01-12, 18:53
There's a setting to turn off the picons on VFD (Menu --> SetUp --> System --> Display settings --> No Picons).
I can't say flashing takes any longer then on the DUO. But even if it does: not a daily job, is it?

mmcmedia
20-01-12, 18:10
Ok heres one for ya got my picons stored on a usb stick on the rear top one , wlan dongle in bottom one , 78/100 connection with picon usb plugged in , out 95/100 go figure so whats happening there can someone shed some light + if i store picons on hdd everytime i change channel this will spin the hdd up correct ?

thanx

Ev0
20-01-12, 18:22
You would be better putting the picons in flash than on hdd (lots of space spare in flash atm).

As for the wlan, I read that there might be a bug in the drivers, and that I guess is something vu+ themselves need to look into.

mmcmedia
20-01-12, 18:37
can u tell me how to store the picons in the flash on ultimo please :confused:

Ev0
20-01-12, 18:50
Ftp into your box, navigate to media/usb/picon and transfer that folder to your desktop.

Then navigate back to the root directory of your box, and transfer the picon folder from your desktop back into your box.

mmcmedia
21-01-12, 10:38
Na without usb stick inserted it will not let me create a folder in /media/usb so iam stumped
thanx for reply

Ev0
21-01-12, 11:23
Na without usb stick inserted it will not let me create a folder in /media/usb so iam stumped
thanx for reply

No you want the usb stick fitted first, to copy the media/usb/picon folder onto your desktop.

Then you want to send that folder back to the root directory.

Then you should beable to remove the usb stick, and the picons work from the root (might need a reboot).

mmcmedia
22-01-12, 15:23
Tried that Ev0 still a non runner but not to worry after fiddling about ive managed to get 95/100 wifi connection with usb dongle connected for picons so thats good enough for me
thanx for all ya help :thumbsup:

Ex-TM6900
22-01-12, 17:02
I have the Ultimo and I must admit, it worked straight out of the box?

I pressed the wps button on the dongle and my hub configured it.

Still dont understand why Vu didnt add in more usb ports at rear.

I using non-powered hub without any issues....

Must admit, I also have the much cheaper Clarke-Tech 9200 and i seem to prefer this stb.

My wireless keyboard works 100%, though the keyboard on the RC is a novelty...

I hold on to it for a couple of weeks, then if im still happier with the CT 9200 - its on its way to flea bay...

Donnie
22-01-12, 17:31
I have the Ultimo and I must admit, it worked straight out of the box?

I pressed the wps button on the dongle and my hub configured it.

Still dont understand why Vu didnt add in more usb ports at rear.

I using non-powered hub without any issues....

Must admit, I also have the much cheaper Clarke-Tech 9200 and i seem to prefer this stb.

My wireless keyboard works 100%, though the keyboard on the RC is a novelty...

I hold on to it for a couple of weeks, then if im still happier with the CT 9200 - its on its way to flea bay...

Which image and router do you use ?
Curious about the WPS.
Could you also share exactly how you manged to get it to work ?

Sicilian
22-01-12, 17:32
Wifi N USB stick working perfect here with ViX, no probs at all. Drivers are pre-installed.

mmcmedia
22-01-12, 17:45
Just out of curiosity , How easy would it be to add a rt2870sta drivers to the ultimo ive been using dlink dwa-140 white usb dongles on my duos flawlessly but dont work well on ultimo just wondering if it was possible ?

Ex-TM6900
23-01-12, 02:59
Using latest Vix.

I have a BT Homehub...

Case of pressing wps on both devices .... and the rest they say is history...

good luck