PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Universal remote control

markus625
16-01-12, 18:24
Anyone got one of these universal remotes for controlling the tv, just got one from are sponser and cant get it to work with my samsung tv, looking thru the manual theres only one code for every make of TV and samsung is 2448 surely one code isnt going to support every sammy tv, with phillips and oneforall universal remotes etc theres at least 10 differant codes for sammy tv's.

I can see me sending this back as its pointless as i already have a remote for my DUO which this was hopfully going to replace.

Anyone had the same issues.

silverfox0786
17-01-12, 03:57
email vu with yr model number and they will look into adding a code to support yr tv

Sicilian
17-01-12, 06:25
Try the automatic scan as on page 70, that's what I used on my LG. Another thing to remember the sponsor is not claiming that the remote works with ALL brands of TV's, they state 'many popular brands'. Are you sure you've programmed it correctly with the code?

Trial
17-01-12, 08:47
Hi markus625,
you misunderstood. The code is a company code and you have to do a device search which means you have to press either mute or power until your TV reacts. With this company code only the most popular codes of this company are tried with 0000 as a code all codes in the database are tried but it can take up to 15-20min to find the correct code. I have two Samsung and both worked.

ciao

Larry-G
17-01-12, 08:50
Hi markus625,
you misunderstood. The code is a company code and you have to do a device search which means you have to press either mute or power until your TV reacts. With this company code only the most popular codes of this company are tried with 0000 as a code all codes in the database are tried but it can take upto 15-20min to find the correct code. I have to Samsung and both worked.

ciao

well i tried for a hour and a half to get the code by this method for my Toshiba LCD tv and gave up before the urge to drop kick the tv out of a window became too strong. now i use a harmony 600 and a harmony 650 instead.

Rob van der Does
17-01-12, 08:57
..... now i use a harmony 600 and a harmony 650 instead.
Yeah, I can't understand why people would like to use a device-R/C and even replace it.......
Once seen how an activity based R/C works (and never have to talk to a device any more) you won't understand that either.

markus625
17-01-12, 13:04
Hi markus625,
you misunderstood. The code is a company code and you have to do a device search which means you have to press either mute or power until your TV reacts. With this company code only the most popular codes of this company are tried with 0000 as a code all codes in the database are tried but it can take up to 15-20min to find the correct code. I have two Samsung and both worked.

ciao

hang on lets try and understand this, the manual says put in 0000 to do the search method and put in the device code which is in the manual i.e samsung 2448 and and see if you can either mute or power off the tv,
But are you saying if i have read this correctly that code 2448 is a company code and you have to keep pressing mute to get to the right code for your model of tv.

Trial
17-01-12, 13:39
Hi,
yes. You have to press mute until you TV really mutes, then you can test if volume and mute really works and then either mute again if it was not the right code or OK+STOP to finish search and store last device.

As I see it the manual says the same.

1. TV setting
Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 3>>, <4digit brand-code>, <<Mute or Power>>
1. Press number 1and 3 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Find your TV brand-code from the TV code list and insert 4 digit code.
- If you press “0000”, Full Automatic Scan will start. This will take a while.
3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)
4. If your TV is muted (or turned off), stop pressing Mute button.
5. Now, your RCU is in test mode and press Volume + /- to check if your TV responds.
6. If the volume buttons are operational, Press <OK + STOP ( )> to escape from the set-up mode

Ralf

markus625
17-01-12, 13:54
Hi,
yes. You have to press mute until you TV really mutes, then you can test if volume and mute really works and then either mute again if it was not the right code or OK+STOP to finish search and store last device.

As I see it the manual says the same.

Ralf

Ive done as above putting 2448 for the samsung brand and kept pressing mute for a 20 minuites which was really frustrating to do.

But if you press 0000 for the full automatic scan does this mean you dont have to keep pressing mute all the time but how long would it take.

markus625
17-01-12, 15:23
Damit ive tried the automatic scan and pressing mute every second or so for about 30 mins and then the samsung code 2448 for about 15 mins pressing power with no effect, ive got a sammy 5000 led upstaits and a 6000 3d plasma down stairs which work with the same remote so must be a standard code but nothink is happening with the uno remote.

Trial
17-01-12, 15:34
Hi,
I have a LE40B530 and T24A350 and both where found and both are working and they use the same code so I think that Samsung uses the same code for most of their TVs. I am not sure how I found it and how long it took. I have another TV from Schaub Lorenz and there it took around 20-25min with the complete search.

Only to be sure "pressing mute every second or so" means you press mute, release mute and so on? That is wrong I think I kept the key pressed until I get a reaction.

ciao

markus625
17-01-12, 15:41
Hi,
I have a LE40B530 and T24A350 and both where found and both are working and they use the same code so I think that Samsung uses the same code for most of their TVs. I am not sure how I found it and how long it took. I have another TV from Schaub Lorenz and there it took around 20-25min with the complete search.

Only to be sure "pressing mute every second or so" means you press mute, release mute and so on? That is wrong I think I kept the key pressed until I get a reaction.

ciao

the manual say's
3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)

UPDATE

I must have mis read the wording i thought you have to keep pressing the mute or power button on/off etc instead of holding down the mute button untill the sound is muted, got it within 5 seconds.

What keys actually control the tv is it just the mute/vol/av buttons or do the other keys suppose to work also.

With my samsung i get a menu on the left popup with the sources available and you keep pressing the av button to scroll down but you cant select the source only highlight it you have to use the original remote and press enter/ok to select it.

Trial
17-01-12, 16:19
Hi,
mute/av/vol and pwr on/off are supposed to work. Press and release av several times it then changes the input on my TVs and the menu disappears after a few seconds and the chosen input is activated.

btw. "Keep pressing Mute button" might often be misunderstood. "Keep Mute button pressed" would be better I think but I am no native english speaker and what do I know.

Ralf

markus625
17-01-12, 16:21
Hi,
mute/av/vol and pwr on/off are supposed to work. Press and release av several times it then changes the input on my TVs and the menu disappears after a few seconds and the chosen input is activated.

Ralf

ill give it a go

markus625
17-01-12, 17:50
On my sammy i have to press the mute button to get rid of the source menu as it just stays on there.

But i think the manual/pdf should have the wording changed from:
3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off) as keep pressing could mean repeat presses of the key as i thought.
to
3. Keep holding down the Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)