PDA

View Full Version : diseqc switch question

sherry
16-01-12, 17:46
Hi.

I am thinking of changing my motor for a diseqc switch.

If i was to change my twin lnb on 28.2e to a quad lnb and connect it to a dieqc switch and have the output from that to one of the two connectors on the back of my VU+box, would this allow me to record more channels at the same time?

Stanman
16-01-12, 17:48
What other cable goes into the VU+ if they both will be from 28.2E than yes you will.

sherry
16-01-12, 17:55
What other cable goes into the VU+ if they both will be from 28.2E than yes you will.

My setup just now has a twin lnb with both cables going into the box.... I was wondering if i was to use a quad lnb connected to a quad diseqc switch that connects to one port of the box and then another 2 or 3 lnb's pointing to other satellites connected to another diseqc switch and this connected to the other port of the box.

Would the setup with the quad lnb that is pointing to 28.2e allow me to record several channels at one time since it has 4 outputs from the lnb?

i hope that made sense :O)

Stanman
16-01-12, 17:58
No mate as the box would need to be locked to the TP you are recording from.

From my understanding of DISECQ switches is it enables you to have multiple feeds going into the box via one cable after the switch so you can jump between feeds instantaneously.

sherry
16-01-12, 18:02
ah thats great m8. so to allow me to be able to record 2 channels at same time 28.2e i am best to keep one direct feed from the lnb at 28.2e to the box and another through the diseqc switch. and when the diseqc switch is working on another lnb i will only be able to record one on 28.2e?

Stanman
16-01-12, 18:06
Am not too clear on that one mate but would hazard a guess box will stay on the last sat used via the switch so would not auto switch to 28.2E. Its not like a motor when the box needs to be on a particular sat it will move the motor.

I have never used one so not sure of its operation but some one will come along to clarify it.

sherry
16-01-12, 18:10
Am not too clear on that one mate but would hazard a guess box will stay on the last sat used via the switch so would not auto switch to 28.2E. Its not like a motor when the box needs to be on a particular sat it will move the motor.

I have never used one so not sure of its operation but some one will come along to clarify it.

Thats great m8... thank you :O)

silverfox0786
17-01-12, 04:02
disque switches are used for multi lnb setups not single lnb setups there is no way to set diseque to a quad or quattro lnb

what you can do but it still wont allow more transponders is a distro system that will give you more sat outputs but still will stay on the amount of veiwing teh receiver can handle with 2 inputs

hope that helps

sherry
17-01-12, 08:31
disque switches are used for multi lnb setups not single lnb setups there is no way to set diseque to a quad or quattro lnb

what you can do but it still wont allow more transponders is a distro system that will give you more sat outputs but still will stay on the amount of veiwing teh receiver can handle with 2 inputs

hope that helps

Thank you for the reply.

I am a little confused now.

Is it possible to keep the dual lnb (which allows me to record a channel and watch another) and connect one cable from the dual lnb to a diseqc switch with another 3 lnb's pointing at other satellites.
I am thinking on this so i can still have the function of using the record and watch an other channel on 28.2e?

:)

silverfox0786
17-01-12, 16:27
yes you can do that

1 ouput on twin can go to say point 1 on diseque and other lnbs on other sats can go to other points and it will become a multi lnb diseque system

usualy people do just that with 1 dish and multiple lnbs

sherry
17-01-12, 18:53
yes you can do that

1 ouput on twin can go to say point 1 on diseque and other lnbs on other sats can go to other points and it will become a multi lnb diseque system

usualy people do just that with 1 dish and multiple lnbs

Thats great... thank you :O)