PDA

View Full Version : migrate from bh1.6.7 to vix image.

sorsat
16-01-12, 13:16
hi all, i want to migrate from bh 1.6.7 to the latest vix image. i know how to flash usb and load new image etc. i want to make a back up my files from bh and put them into vix. i have tried to connect to my vu via dcc and telnet (no connection on port 23 error) with no joy. my vu shows up on my router page but i can't get into it i have tried all the passwords under the sun hence why i want to flash a new image and start again. i need to keep the settings that we wont talk about so that i could use them on the new image, does any one know how i can do this.

i'd be very grateful for some help on migrating,

oh and by the way please dont hijack this thread (re:- alias01) if your just trying to have a pop at someone else all the advice i have been getting from here is given in the interest of a compulsive hobby by other people who know more than me.

steve o

Donnie
16-01-12, 14:07
To save your emu config files is easy, access software manager ( long press blue button ) and in the advanced options choose your backup location and then select the exact files you wish to backup.

To make sure you can access the advanced section you need select expert in the customize menu.

sorsat
16-01-12, 18:15
is there any way of seeing your existing telnet login from the duo.......? (@pheonix?)

sorsat
16-01-12, 18:21
does any body know what "error 10057 in function send socket is not connected" in dcc e2 means?

Larry-G
16-01-12, 18:28
is there any way of seeing your existing telnet login from the duo.......? (@pheonix?)

Not that i know of, however you could try the suggestion by Donnie, I know that with the Vix image if you make a settings backup ( Blue button > ViX > backup manager ) it will save the CCcam.cfg amongst any other files you select it to then set the backup to save to a external USB stick. you can then open the saved file using winrar or 7zip and retrieve the CCcam.cfg file manually. Although i am not sure if BH has a similar feature as it's not a image that i am overly familiar with.

Donnie
16-01-12, 19:32
does any body know what "error 10057 in function send socket is not connected" in dcc e2 means?

No but have you tried another telnet client such as putty ?
Its free and much better.

sorsat
16-01-12, 22:07
tried puTTY tried everything gonna have to re-flash the box and hope the settings i have saved can be used to set back up..........

psionguy
18-01-12, 12:12
I would FTP your cfg file and use Dreamset to save your channel list. The only other important issue is to make a note of your dish settings. If you do this it should only take a few minutes to do a fresh install, which is the best option is you are changing image.