PDA

View Full Version : i have a duo but want another box??

andy2110
16-01-12, 09:19
i have a duo in my living room which i love :D:D

but i want a decent box also for my bedroom as i have a dm800se in there at the mo but want something like my duo but i only have one sat feed in there, anyone recommend a box same as the duo, is the uno just the duo but with one feed or is that the solo lol?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks as always
Andy

dfdream
16-01-12, 09:26
Andy,
I got a solo recently and I have to say its great.
I only have USB stick on it and have it set to record to the Duos HDD and also set the recordings screen to my Duo also so I can see my recordings everywhere. The box is nice and neat so its not too hard to hide. The main advantages of the UNO are
•supports Pluggable Tuner (DVB-S2/C/T)
•has Fast CPU
•comes with Universal Remote
•has Bigger Memory (512MB)
•supports WIFI USB
•supports Internal SATA HDD

If the above are important to you then the UNO is better option.
But for a second box for me anyway the SOLO and the site sponsor is an excellent choice.

Best of all is the boxes and remotes all work the same to its easier for all in the house to get used to the VU+s.

D

andy2110
16-01-12, 09:35
So the solo will do all my duo does but just with a single tuner?

I bought my duo from WOS and Stef is cool so will be buying from here when i decide what i want haha

Donnie
16-01-12, 10:17
The extra you would pay for the Uno is worth it, nothing wrong with the solo but the Uno looks better and is a better spec box.

andy2110
16-01-12, 21:25
sod it i have decided to get rid of the dm800se and the skyHD 1tb box and replace with another vu+DUO

Stanman
16-01-12, 21:30
sod it i have decided to get rid of the dm800se and the skyHD 1tb box and replace with another vu+DUO

Don't forget to check the forum sponsor out - offering £5 discount to forum members.

andy2110
16-01-12, 21:42
i got my last box from him, how do i get the fiver off this time? as i dint get it last time lol

Bowz
16-01-12, 21:43
I want to be able to view the same channels as my Vu+duo (in the lounge) in the bedroom. I already do this using an old Xbox with XBMC installed using a couple of 200mbps powerline adapters, however it can be tempremental at times & can't watch HD as the processor isn't powerful enough. I don't want to have to install anymore cables (Sat or Aerial) in the bedroom so which is the cheapest linux box I can use to connect to my VU+Duo, or are there better options that don't involve too much work?

Thanks
G

Stanman
16-01-12, 21:59
i got my last box from him, how do i get the fiver off this time? as i dint get it last time lol

Just PM him mate with the request.

andy2110
16-01-12, 22:00

Yeah i have just done that cheers buddy!

andy2110
16-01-12, 22:01

it posted it twice..ooops lol

Nothing to see here...carry on walking by :D:D

Stanman
16-01-12, 22:02
I want to be able to view the same channels as my Vu+duo (in the lounge) in the bedroom. I already do this using an old Xbox with XBMC installed using a couple of 200mbps powerline adapters, however it can be tempremental at times & can't watch HD as the processor isn't powerful enough. I don't want to have to install anymore cables (Sat or Aerial) in the bedroom so which is the cheapest linux box I can use to connect to my VU+Duo, or are there better options that don't involve too much work?

Thanks
G

As far as I know the only way you can do this is via browser,there is a plugin called partnerbox that may be able to do this on another box but never tried it.