PDA

View Full Version : power to motor question

specialized
30-07-10, 16:07
i've just had my m8's triple dragon on my stab HH120 motor that usally has my VU+ DUO attached.
i did notice that in the triple dragon there was an option to "amplify" the LNB and rotor voltage and you have an option to change the speed of the motor to "fast".
this made a hell of a difference when move from sat , to sat ,.

so my question is :-
is there any plugin or sometihng for the VU+ DUO ?.just so i can speed the motor up as it can take a lifetime going say from 28e - to - 13a.

basilyoung
30-07-10, 16:34
well I do have increased voltage activated here, just added fast diasque to the settings, and ran from 28 east to 30 west, took 40 seconds, diabled the fast diasque setting,..returned to 28 east, and no difference in speed, what times are you getting on the triple dragon, on a like for like test??

baz

specialized
31-07-10, 06:16
you looking at 28e to 0.8 thor W 40-45seconds on average.were on the box are the settings for increase voltage and discqe ?.

Sicilian
01-08-10, 11:20
I've never seen a way on Enigma 2 receivers to increase the voltage/speed to the diseqc motor.

basilyoung
01-08-10, 11:47
@ specialized

those times were the dish travel time from 38 east to hisposat 30 west, time to thor from either extreme is about 20 seconds
the increased voltage may help you, found in which ever tuner config you are using
but if your timings are about the same, then no point in messing with the settings
baz

pooface
01-08-10, 14:06
I've never seen a way on Enigma 2 receivers to increase the voltage/speed to the diseqc motor.

On some of the later dm800 images, I noticed that it had this option in the screen where you setup the positioner... Asked the voltage you want to use, default was 400mA iirc, and you could select 800mA. Can't remember 100% though, as it was a few months ago since I looked, and don't have the 800 any more :p

Hopefully since the newer image is based on a newer enigma2, it will give you this option.

BTW, the above is for the USALs settings. On the seperate sat settings, you get the option to increase the voltage all the time if I remember...