PDA

View Full Version : Et9200

ratkins
15-01-12, 21:53
hi guys
i have a spiderbox but want to upgrade thinking of the ET9200 my question is how hard is it to upload ccam to this im relatively new to sats that why i started with the s/box but as most are aware there are certain issues with these and reading various forums the et9200 seems tobe one of the most stable .
any advice would be appreciated.

Sicilian
15-01-12, 22:03
Moved to correct section, read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

Stanman
16-01-12, 12:00
Compared to the spiderbox, it is very easy to laod settings etc on to the ET9200, you will need a PC/MAC to make live that much easier.

ratkins
16-01-12, 18:58
hi again
would you all recommend the et9200 for a newbie to start on or is there a easier way to get onto this ride?

Stanman
16-01-12, 19:00
Learning curve on all Linux (open box) is the same, so will take you no longer or shorter to master the ET9200 as it would say the SOLO.

My advise would buy the best you can for the money you want to spend and post up any questions you have but before doing. Have a good read of the forum as many questions have already been asked and answered.

snookera
16-01-12, 22:48
Open box is not Linux never as been et9200 it not really for newbies ask merlin as I set is up for him he brought a vu duo and didn't have a clue so read up first the best way to learn et9200 is pricey and you could mess up the boot loader if you don't no what your doing so be careful

Stanman
16-01-12, 23:11
Open box is not Linux never as been et9200 it not really for newbies ask merlin as I set is up for him he brought a vu duo and didn't have a clue so read up first the best way to learn et9200 is pricey and you could mess up the boot loader if you don't no what your doing so be careful

I was referring to an open Linux box rather than a closed one such as some of the TM range and funnily enough Open box, perhap I should have made it clearer as OP is just starting out.

supra59uk
19-01-12, 00:24
Hi There
i have both the spider and the et9200 both completly different animals spider is very user friendly almost plug and play great box for the money, the xtrend is a different matter takes a lot of time reading, down loading progs to help put channel lists in ect, my problem as a newbie even after reading loads and loads
still find it difficult to know what cams to load what plugins is ok to use with diiferent images, whats the best image to use, all basic stuff to peeps who as been using for a long time but can get very confusing
and frustrating at times, but got to say when you get there and alls well its a great feeling knowing you have done it and got there lol, with help off site members of course other wise dont think id have ever got it up and running, im not lying it took me 3 solid days for me to get it right, setting up my nas box as the harddrive to work and all the other things this box can do, but once i had done it all i had to reload and set it all back up again a second time from scratch and was done in about an hour so it shows hands on and doing it yourself it does get easier the second time lol, So my advice to you is, you have to have plenty of Patience but it will be worth the while in the end, because it can do lots more than the spiderbox can even tho i loved my spiderbox and still do,i use it in the bedroom now, mind if you still have the free gift with your spider you will get more opened on that than you do with the xtrend, dont get me wrong i know there is other means of getting other channels with a linux box but again i have not been able to find the info out for that side of things, so as a newby my self if i can help in any way drop me a message

Paul