PDA

View Full Version : Recording problem After flashing latest vix image

Jaxter
15-01-12, 14:37
Hi all i have a problem when i record after flashing latest vix image, ive gone from perfect recordings to hit and miss. Half of my recorded programs work perfectly the other half i only ever get 7 seconds recorded.
I have a motorised dish but i dont move it at all at the moment its pointed constantly at Sky uk 28.2 i have a dual lnb with wires going into each of the ports at the back of the box.
The Tuner A is configured to Simple , positioner and my long and lats, Tuner B is set to equal to tuner A, i think this is the right set up, if not could somebody set me right or give me a solution to my bodged recordings problem thanks.

silverfox0786
15-01-12, 14:39
have you looked at yr mount points and made sure its mapped to

media/hdd

also another thing to note is in linux 3x its recomended to reformat the drive with new kernal as it will configure the drive to work optimally with new kernal

Jaxter
15-01-12, 14:45
Hi silverfox thanks for the speedy reply im not sure about mount points youve lost me a little there, i know that the recordings working and non working go to media/hdd, but i havent reformatted the drive as i have recordings on there.
I did notice the hdd acting a little flaky one day what ill do is ftp into box remove recordings and reformat try some recordings and if all is well report back and if all is not take it from there cheers.

silverfox0786
15-01-12, 14:48
looks like you are on /media/hdd

but to check and change in VIX

press blue button

go to vix

go to mount management

and you will see yr mounts there and can set or change em

psionguy
15-01-12, 15:22
Hi all i have a problem when i record after flashing latest vix image, ive gone from perfect recordings to hit and miss. Half of my recorded programs work perfectly the other half i only ever get 7 seconds recorded.
I have a motorised dish but i dont move it at all at the moment its pointed constantly at Sky uk 28.2 i have a dual lnb with wires going into each of the ports at the back of the box.
The Tuner A is configured to Simple , positioner and my long and lats, Tuner B is set to equal to tuner A, i think this is the right set up, if not could somebody set me right or give me a solution to my bodged recordings problem thanks.

If your problem relates to new recordings since your update, then I suggest you update the drivers from this link:-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14363-ViX-2-3-%28Linux-3-1-1%29-Timer-Recordings-Not-Working-Properly&highlight=drivers

Jaxter
15-01-12, 17:41
Thanks for all the help fellas, i formatted hard drive and did a test recording of 2 programs at the same time and it worked fine.
I have now set up 4 - 5 things to record tonight so will definitely know by tomorrow will post results then but fingers crossed all sorted thanks again for your help :)

cosie
15-01-12, 17:45
i had the same problem.and i did as per post 5 and no probs since.maybe vix team should post this problem for others.just a thought

psionguy
15-01-12, 22:08
Thanks for all the help fellas, i formatted hard drive and did a test recording of 2 programs at the same time and it worked fine.
I have now set up 4 - 5 things to record tonight so will definitely know by tomorrow will post results then but fingers crossed all sorted thanks again for your help :)

I would still recommend you update your drivers, this is a known problem and the new drivers should fix this issue for you.

psionguy
15-01-12, 22:13
i had the same problem.and i did as per post 5 and no probs since.maybe vix team should post this problem for others.just a thought

I agree with you, spent some time investigating this problem, but these drivers do seem to have fixed this issue.