PDA

View Full Version : Access USB over network

danmed
15-01-12, 13:11
Is there a way to share out the rear-usb port using Samba sharing so i can watch my recordings on my HTPC?

dfdream
15-01-12, 18:55
Not sure if its the same as the Duo.
But if you browse the the boxes HDD using the IPaddress from your PC, there should be 2 shares, root and Harddisk Share.
Click on Root Share
Click on MNT
Then click on USB. (this shows you the files stored on the USB).

Should be similar on all enigma2 boxes

danmed
15-01-12, 21:59
Hmm doesn't appear to be the same :(

There is no response from the box via the unc path.

dfdream
15-01-12, 23:10
Is samba installed / running.

danmed
16-01-12, 10:09
I don't know... any ideas how i can find out?

dfdream
16-01-12, 10:57
Firstly what image and version are you using.
Most images have samba enabled by default.
Whats the box's ip address, can you ping it from PC, can you access its web page on that IP address.
I have VU boxes so Im assuming its similar.

D

danmed
16-01-12, 11:33
I'm using the latest WOS image.
The Boxe's IP isn't an issue and i can access the IQ web panel fine...

Sicilian
16-01-12, 11:40
The WOS image is just a IQ image with the added EPG importer. You could try the latest IQ image and install the importer yourself http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7096-How-to-install-Rytec-EPG-to-UR-images

danmed
16-01-12, 11:41
From what i'd read, the latest IQ doesn't add anything useful.. am i wrong? (i am pretty new to this!)

Also, do you know where i can get the latest IQ? I thought it wasn't an official release...

Have found this but not sure how up to date it is.. http://www.******************.co.uk/blog/index.php?category=8

Stanman
16-01-12, 11:44
From what i'd read, the latest IQ doesn't add anything useful.. am i wrong? (i am pretty new to this!)

Also, do you know where i can get the latest IQ? I thought it wasn't an official release...

The IQ is not an "official" image but they are the main team supporting this box. You can try a DW image but imho most of the images are pretty but the same.

danmed
16-01-12, 14:42
have updated to the latest image but still no samba :(

Sicilian
16-01-12, 16:02
Not sure if it even supports samba tbh.

dfdream
16-01-12, 17:13
Wow SIC no samba...

Not sure if it even supports samba tbh.

danmed
17-01-12, 12:45
Wow SIC no samba...

bugger :( makes it a a bit of a ball ache.

Can i make it record to my nas rather than a usb drive? Maybe some sort of symbollic link.?

dfdream
17-01-12, 12:53
If there is no samba dont think it will record to a NAS (someone may contradict this as I dont have TM800)

Did a google around and the only way to access the recordings is FTP but you will probably have to copy them accross for that to work.

D

danmed
17-01-12, 13:41
If there is no samba dont think it will record to a NAS (someone may contradict this as I dont have TM800)

Did a google around and the only way to access the recordings is FTP but you will probably have to copy them accross for that to work.

D

Yeah i managed to access them via FTP but it stutters badly on play back (though that might be my apple tv 2 not coping).

I guess i'll have to use the media player feature.