PDA

View Full Version : transferring files from vu+duo to external HDD via USB port?

hiohaa
15-01-12, 00:54
transferring files over the network takes absolutely ages, because the vuduo can only transfer at 100mbps.

is it possible to plug in an external drive to the vu+duo through the USB port at the front, and transfer files to it? if so how? this would be quicker than transferring via a network.

thanks.

judge
15-01-12, 01:21
Plug in your external usb & telnet into the box.
Depending on your mount paths, you would use something like:

to copy the MOVIE NAME

cp /media/hdd/movies/MOVIE NAME /media/usb/
to move the MOVIE NAME

mv /media/hdd/movies/MOVIE NAME /media/usb/
to move everything

mv /media/hdd/movies/* /media/usb/

hiohaa
15-01-12, 02:05
thanks judge. small problem, i aint a linux wizard and have no idea what you just said. the last time i tried mounting a networked drive it ended in complete disaster and the box kept trying to boot up off that networked drive, and it was stuck in a crash loop! i had to flash it ....

could u take me through it step by step? literally what menus to go to etc... im using vix.

thanks

BadBoy
16-01-12, 08:14
You could do the m one by one via filelist.
Plug in the USB and make sure the box is seeing it as a new drive under menu, system, hard disk.
Go into file list and then simply move the file by highlighting it and then selecting the USB drive

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DJS
16-01-12, 17:59
I just copy the files to the USB drive from my pc before I attach it to the Vu+Duo

birdman99
14-09-12, 01:53
:cool:
I just copy the files to the USB drive from my pc before I attach it to the Vu+Duo

I cant do any of above with mine vu duo),does the external usb need to be formated?

Rob van der Does
14-09-12, 07:33
I cant do any of above with mine vu duo),does the external usb need to be formated?
No.
But if your USB-HDD is NTFS-formatted, you'll need to install the NTFS-utils.

robbiebox361
10-11-16, 18:59
hi all ,i understand wot u saying,i want to take films off my internal hdd in vuo+duo2 and want 2 put on usb drive,so i can watch on other laptop etc,and keep my internal hdd with less space used