PDA

View Full Version : can only get sats from about 20 degres to 30 degres

stevedunkgrass
14-01-12, 16:36
Hi
For a while now I have not been able to tune to viasat or tring. thought it might have been a sofware issue so i updated vix, updated channels and satalites. I can tune to sky tv and hotbird 13 degrees but cant get tring or viasat. I have had these working in the past so the dish be out of line. thanks steve

Rob van der Does
14-01-12, 16:40
Maybe give us some info so we might be able to help?
Which box, which image build, which dish(es) what tunersettings?

stevedunkgrass
14-01-12, 16:52
sorry not to clued up on all this
My box is vu duo with 1 metre motorised dish. I am using vix latest image 2.3. Tuner setting are cfg mode simple, mode = positioner. Longitide 001.446 east, latitude 052.431 north.
Second tuner second cable of motor lnb tuner A.
I am using catseye image for channels.
Thanks

banie01
14-01-12, 16:53
Also when did you last update your satellites .xml?
As there have been big changes since October on 16e in particular with all channels moving onto 1 sat(Previously 3 birds at that position) and many TP and polarity changes too.

Sicilian
14-01-12, 17:08
Moved to correct section.

stevedunkgrass
14-01-12, 17:57
Last updated today but i did not scan for after updating .xml file. will I need to scan for changes to take effect, I thought that because I had download catseye channel boquotes that I would not need to scan, (sorry for the slow reply had to walk the mut)thanks Steve

Rob van der Does
14-01-12, 18:02
Also when did you last update your satellites .xml?
As there have been big changes since October on 16e in particular with all channels moving onto 1 sat(Previously 3 birds at that position) and many TP and polarity changes too.
Since the latest image updates are from later then that date, the systemfile satellites.xml located in etc/tuxbox will have been updated by the image.
Only if users have their own file (in etc/enigma2) they have taken over responsibility for that and will have to update themselves (or delete that user file).

Settings downloaded from the feeds come without any satellites.xmk at all, so the systemfile will be used.

banie01
14-01-12, 18:31
Since the latest image updates are from later then that date, the systemfile satellites.xml located in etc/tuxbox will have been updated by the image.
Only if users have their own file (in etc/enigma2) they have taken over responsibility for that and will have to update themselves (or delete that user file).

Settings downloaded from the feeds come without any satellites.xmk at all, so the systemfile will be used.

Many people use a backup of the E2 folder to load back on settings after an update/reflash and as you pointed out thats the one the image defaults to reading 1st...
So if that isn't kept upto date its easy to lose channels.
Indeed I know a few people who updated their .xml via /var/tuxbox without realising that their etc/enigma2 was the default and couldnt understand why they had channels missing despite updating.

OP, are you using the system/image .xml?
Or are you updating/editing it yourself?

stevedunkgrass
14-01-12, 18:42
Ok now I am a little lost. I downloaded latest satalites.xml file and placed in etc/enigma2. I did not scan satalites for latest channels as i have downloaded cateyes channel boquoets and didnt think i needed to. I have also restarted engima as tuturial says to do. Have I done something wrong or could my dish be out of line. Thanks steve

Stanman
14-01-12, 18:45
Just tried tring and Viasat and both working fine for me on Vhannibals latest settings.

No pic as not sub but could see from SNR on info bar.

banie01
14-01-12, 18:47
Ok now I am a little lost. I downloaded latest satalites.xml file and placed in etc/enigma2. I did not scan satalites for latest channels as i have downloaded cateyes channel boquoets and didnt think i needed to. I have also restarted engima as tuturial says to do. Have I done something wrong or could my dish be out of line. Thanks steve

Is it only Viasat and Tring that are giving you problems?
Are you able to receive any other channels from those Satellites?
And are you able to receive channels from sats east and west of those positions?
If you can the problem is very likely not your dish but a mistake somewhere in your settings.
Also have restarted Enigma? Or rebooted? I find a reboot is better for ensuring new settings stick.

stevedunkgrass
14-01-12, 19:06
I wil try a reboot later.
I have gone into sat finder setting and i cant lock to the satalites at all that they are on. It also will not lock to thor 0.8 but not tried all only a few. I will have a later and list what sats I can lock to and the ones I cant. Thanks

banie01
14-01-12, 19:10
I wil try a reboot later.
I have gone into sat finder setting and i cant lock to the satalites at all that they are on. It also will not lock to thor 0.8 but not tried all only a few. I will have a later and list what sats I can lock to and the ones I cant. Thanks

If its a motorised dish and you can't lock Thor 0.8/1w then the likelihood is that your dish is off arc.

stevedunkgrass
14-01-12, 19:13
Thanks looks like i will need to get out the scaffold tower eek.