PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to PS3

Markymark
14-01-12, 12:44
I have started Tom do more reading into this as seems like some people seem to have videos on YouTube showing this is possible from a vu+ box.

After some searching on the web, I noticed someone posting claiming this works on a dreambox http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-support-forum/167770-dreambox-ps3-streamer-v-1-0-0-a.html

Now as its E2 underneath it all, would this work on the UNO and other VU+ boxes does anyone know?

I have looked at Ushare, however that won't even start when in select it as an option on my boxes menu.

Maxwell
14-01-12, 12:57
I have started Tom do more reading into this as seems like some people seem to have videos on YouTube showing this is possible from a vu+ box.

After some searching on the web, I noticed someone posting claiming this works on a dreambox http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-support-forum/167770-dreambox-ps3-streamer-v-1-0-0-a.html

Now as its E2 underneath it all, would this work on the UNO and other VU+ boxes does anyone know?

I have looked at Ushare, however that won't even start when in select it as an option on my boxes menu.

I am streaming my recorded movies from the VU to the PS3, the VU shows up as a Media server in the XMB but if you are talking about live streaming I have not found a way to do that

Markymark
14-01-12, 15:04
What are you using on your box to get the media server working like that?

There seems a few who seem to have made videos reporting to have live streaming working - however like you I have not found anything other than this link that could make this happen.

banie01
14-01-12, 16:47
What are you using on your box to get the media server working like that?

There seems a few who seem to have made videos reporting to have live streaming working - however like you I have not found anything other than this link that could make this happen.

1st off have you enabled search for media servers in the settings menu of the ps3?
With this enabled, the option to search for servers is enabled in the video portion of the XMB and then its just a matter of hitting search, the Vu(in my case)
shows up as a browsable folder in the XMB.
The best option, but only usable if you are running CFW on your PS3 is to install showtime media player and browse your Vu through that interface.
Its much better lay out than the XMB browser and gives way more playback options too.