PDA

View Full Version : Wireless dongle

ea.xlns
13-01-12, 10:43
Anyone know how to set up the wifi dongle on the ViX image?

I can get as far as entering my wifi password but can't select letters using the remote control, only numbers...

punisher
13-01-12, 11:02
Hasnt the ultimo remote got a qwerty keyboard on the back?

ea.xlns
13-01-12, 14:45
Hasnt the ultimo remote got a qwerty keyboard on the back?

Sorry should have said, yes it does but the keys don't work with the ViX image (from my experience).

silverfox0786
13-01-12, 19:36
you can use the virtual keyboard

or use the number keys

same as sending an SMS

button 2 is a,b,d 3 is d,e,f, etc etc

ea.xlns
13-01-12, 19:41
you can use the virtual keyboard

or use the number keys

same as sending an SMS

button 2 is a,b,d 3 is d,e,f, etc etc

When I click on 2, all I get is 2, even if I hold the button down or press it fast repeatedly. For me 2 = 2 only. It'd help if you guys could try it first...

punisher
13-01-12, 19:47
you must have chose wep as the security then as im pretty sure wep security is all numbers. try chosing wpa and see if that makes any difference

silverfox0786
13-01-12, 19:47
It'd help if you guys could try it first...

whats that supposed to mean

not only have we been using this image longer but also but test it day and night

so we know what we are talking about and always try to replicate a reported bug and see if we can produce it before we call it a bug or user error

and although i dont have an ultimo the image is the same for all boxes and so far i can enter letters just fine

punisher
13-01-12, 19:49
i use a wireless dongle with my uno and setting it up is no problem at all typing numbers or letters in the password. make sure you select the correct encryption type

ea.xlns
13-01-12, 23:18
you must have chose wep as the security then as im pretty sure wep security is all numbers. try chosing wpa and see if that makes any difference

it doesn't make a difference, unfortunately...

guess it's ethernet for me, oh well.

ea.xlns
13-01-12, 23:19
whats that supposed to mean

not only have we been using this image longer but also but test it day and night

so we know what we are talking about and always try to replicate a reported bug and see if we can produce it before we call it a bug or user error

and although i dont have an ultimo the image is the same for all boxes and so far i can enter letters just fine

so you've tried the ultimo remote then?

ea.xlns
13-01-12, 23:24
i use a wireless dongle with my uno and setting it up is no problem at all typing numbers or letters in the password. make sure you select the correct encryption type

found another way to make it work. Used the network wizard then pressed the teletext key which brought up the virtual keyboard. Thanks for your advise anyway, as it opened my eyes. :)

silverfox0786
13-01-12, 23:29
so you've tried the ultimo remote then?

i did say i dont have an ultimo but we have emembers on the beta team that so and the remote not functioning has not been mentioned so i am assuming the remote for our testers does work and could possibly be a user error or a corrupt flash

punisher
13-01-12, 23:29
found another way to make it work. Used the network wizard then pressed the teletext key which brought up the virtual keyboard. Thanks for your advise anyway, as it opened my eyes. :)

no problem mate, glad you got it sorted :D

ea.xlns
14-01-12, 00:26
i did say i dont have an ultimo but we have emembers on the beta team that so and the remote not functioning has not been mentioned so i am assuming the remote for our testers does work and could possibly be a user error or a corrupt flash

When do you think you guys will get Ultimo's? You do excellent work with the picons, it'd be good to see your talent blossom on the lcd picons :)

Stanman
14-01-12, 00:29
When do you think you guys will get Ultimo's? You do excellent work with the picons, it'd be good to see your talent blossom on the lcd picons :)

When I break my penny bank:D

silverfox0786
14-01-12, 00:45
yeah lol

when we can afford one lmao

punisher
14-01-12, 11:17
When i pimp silver out on the streets of england haha

Stanman
14-01-12, 12:06
When i pimp silver out on the streets of england haha

You'ii be waiting even longer than me with my penny bank:D:D

silverfox0786
14-01-12, 13:41
what u trying to say i am already a pimp and got punisher working the streets for me

gonna get you working the streets soon as well

that should make it much quicker for me to get one

Stanman
14-01-12, 13:43
With me and Punisher working streets, you will be able to buy VU+ never mind the Ultim:thumbsup::thumbsup:o but sadly we cant say the same in reverse:D:D:D

silverfox0786
14-01-12, 13:46
With me and Punisher working streets, you will be able to buy VU+ never mind the Ultim:thumbsup::thumbsup:o but sadly we cant say the same in reverse:D:D:D

well if you do goo instead of the 90 10 split i will make it 80 20 ;)