PDA

View Full Version : Authors of plugins

ringo
13-01-12, 08:51
When there is a new image released and there are skins that do not work any more (Kerni and more) are the authors of the plugin reported that. -Hey, you got a problem with your plugin with the new Kernel/Image?
Or is it up to us (end users) to try to locate an adress to the author and inform him/her?

Would be nice to know what routine that apply.

Rob van der Does
13-01-12, 09:14
We don't normally.
What we are doing at the moment is going through all the available plugins and see if they are up to the latest versions (and update them if needed) and if they are compatible with PLi. If the latter is not the case, we remove them from our feeds.
There are literally hundreds of plugins out there, some of them change frequently. And also the image undergoes changes. Both can lead to changing compatibility. Please believe me when I say that it is impossible to keep up with all that.
Sometimes we are able to adjust plugins ourselves. As that is often quite a job, that will only be done if the plugin is an important one. And of course can only be done if the source files are available.

Long story short: if you encounter incompatibilities don't hesitate to ask the author to do something about it.
And be prepared to get a "no" as default reply.

ringo
13-01-12, 10:13
We don't normally.
What we are doing at the moment is going through all the available plugins and see if they are up to the latest versions (and update them if needed) and if they are compatible with PLi. If the latter is not the case, we remove them from our feeds.
There are literally hundreds of plugins out there, some of them change frequently. And also the image undergoes changes. Both can lead to changing compatibility. Please believe me when I say that it is impossible to keep up with all that.
Sometimes we are able to adjust plugins ourselves. As that is often quite a job, that will only be done if the plugin is an important one. And of course can only be done if the source files are available.

Long story short: if you encounter incompatibilities don't hesitate to ask the author to do something about it.
And be prepared to get a "no" as default reply.

Thank you for the info!
I understand that it is impossible to keep up with all the plugins that are avaible.
I am very much missing my favorite skin (Kerni HD1) Is it possible that I can get a pm with his adress attached, if you got the adress?
Or maybe he is here often and have been reading the posts about the Kerni skin.

Larry-G
13-01-12, 20:23
Thank you for the info!
I understand that it is impossible to keep up with all the plugins that are avaible.
I am very much missing my favorite skin (Kerni HD1) Is it possible that I can get a pm with his adress attached, if you got the adress?
Or maybe he is here often and have been reading the posts about the Kerni skin.

I am in the process of checking all skins in the ViX feeds and the kerni-hd1 and Kerni-hd1r2 skins work fine for me with the latest ViX 2.3 beta image and my Vu Duo. so what problems are you having ?.