PDA

View Full Version : pls help with deleting channels

raedkuwait
29-07-10, 23:26
hi, i have vti img, i use dreambox edit to delete chanels that i dont want adult channels,
then reload them back to vu+ duo, check again and the channels are still there, even though
that the transfer is done, ??? is it cause of back ground scanning or what, how can i disable back
ground scanning, pls help i really need to delete those channels.

thank you

basilyoung
29-07-10, 23:52
its not down to background scanning

when you deleted the adult channels in dbedit, you also need to remove the channels from bouquets as well
also, if you have access to most foriegn sats, after about 9pm ish,...many show adult as well
also, although complex, you can put block lines and timer lines to make it impossible to access adult channels

you can also block adult channels via the white/black list option, @ least on the dream box units you can (i hav,nt looked to see if this can be done on the VU+)

baz

raedkuwait
30-07-10, 01:34
hi, when i delet those channels from the left main windwo using dedit rnt they automatically deleted from all boquets! its strange cause i delete them but when i upload the file they r still there!!

basilyoung
30-07-10, 14:46
did you save the edited file first...before reloading it to the unit??

baz

raedkuwait
30-07-10, 15:29
YES i did, any how i think i managed for now to solve the problem, i did a factory reset

basilyoung
30-07-10, 16:00
that was a bit drastic :D

whats sats do you have available (watchable by what ever means)

I might well write up a channel list, with all known adult stuff removed
or a cccam blocking line, could be an interesting project

baz

pooface
30-07-10, 20:50
after uploading a channel list, you need to restart the enigma2... the default "automatically retart" with dreambox edit doesn't work...