PDA

View Full Version : tenda w300m wifi bridge

bob14
13-01-12, 00:35
Hi

I have a tenda w300m wifi bridge ( Instructions same as w150m)

Following the Review and Guide to setup the New Tenda W150M WiFi 150MBPS Wifibridge

I have not be able to connect to a dm500
This is a puzzle as connected to pc,laptop and openbox ok

My question is this

On section 11 Wireless Basic Setting should the SSID box have the tenda w150m in or the routers SSID ie belkin

Also in section 12 Wireless Security Settings
In pass phrase box should that be the password of ie the belkin router or a password for the tenda

tractoroid
14-01-12, 16:56
Hi

I have a tenda w300m wifi bridge ( Instructions same as w150m)

Following the Review and Guide to setup the New Tenda W150M WiFi 150MBPS Wifibridge

I have not be able to connect to a dm500
This is a puzzle as connected to pc,laptop and openbox ok

My question is this

On section 11 Wireless Basic Setting should the SSID box have the tenda w150m in or the routers SSID ie belkin

Also in section 12 Wireless Security Settings
In pass phrase box should that be the password of ie the belkin router or a password for the tenda

hi, i had same problem, what i did and it fixed it, was the following - after the scanning bit, when you choose you main router, the ssid is same as your main router.
on next page of the setup, the ssid i put tenda, rather than my main one, and on the last pass phrase i put a different one. and it suddenly worked.
not too sure which was it that fixed it.

but,.... now my laptop is suffering - connection breaks up very briefly , as it says MAC: busy every 1 minute:confused:

bob14
14-01-12, 18:58
hi

thanks for the reply tractoroid

I have had the tenda w300m workin using the main router ssid and password
I now have it working set up as in your post (haven't tried it yet on the dm500)

so again thanks for your reply

just one more thing the tenda has the same ip address as my router could this cause a problem (working at the moment)