PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Timeshift and box freezing Vix2.3 build 161

BadBoy
13-01-12, 00:17
Every time I now use timeshift my box freezes with the vix logo continuously spinning.

Timeshift is stored on external 4gb usb pen drive.

Steps to reproduce.

Press pause wait a little so that timeshift is activated.
Press stop box freezes.

punisher
13-01-12, 11:10
Have u always used usb? Most would say usb isnt fast enough to store timeshift. Have u tried a usb hdd or a normal hdd?

BadBoy
13-01-12, 12:08
Always used USB, I will try HD but I thought the point of storing USB was to keep the HD from begin on continuous with permanent timeshift

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tsx
13-01-12, 12:16
Can I just ask, is this not a sort of known issue (not just VIX)? I thought there were quite a few people with similarish T/S spinning logo issues whether it be with Flash drive or HD? Since the kernel upgrade!

Really sorry if i'm completely wrong!!

BTW. I have submitted crash logs etc... but reading this forum and others, I assumed it was a 3.1.1 bug that everyone was waiting to fix/diag, maybe related to drivers?

BadBoy
13-01-12, 12:25
That's what I am trying to find out, there are vu duo users with time shift issues

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

punisher
13-01-12, 15:07
I saved my timeshift to my NAS and never had any issues on ET or VU

tsx
13-01-12, 15:27
Just been over on the CT XT site, and after much google translation, I think I may have found something to try. If my google foo is correct it seems some people who were experiencing issues similar to this since upgrading to the newer kernel (on VIX, openpli or others) have fixed it by reformatting the local timeshift storage media to ext2. I personally think this an 'operation straw clutcher' situation, but I will probably try this weekend just to check it out.

Punisher: I'll hook it up to my NAS later and give it a go, as that's quite a quick easy one to try.

tsx
15-01-12, 16:37
Right, tried it... not really a big enough difference to write home about. It seems to crash less, but it still seems to not function quite correctly.

On a side note, I did happen to try another groups image that was released yesterday, and played around with that for a few hours. Unfortunately that image with the pre installed PTS seemed to work perfectly, which sort of hints that there maybe a little 'feature' hidden in the current VIX image.

But as usual I still re-flashed back to VIX, as for me it still my favourite.:thumbsup:

Markymark
15-01-12, 16:54
I have an internal HD and noticed this happened yesterday on me. It seems to do nothing, just hang with spinning logo and only happens when you try and top the time shift.

I'm on the latest version of VIX.

Should add mine happens on the UNO.

Bowz
17-01-12, 23:42
Mines the same as Markyman, spinning logo using my internal HDD on ther latest version of Vix.

Big Al
19-01-12, 21:03
and mine too, only just started happening to me, never had a problem before

tsx
19-01-12, 21:13
Big Al: you on the latest build 190? or are you still referring to build 161?