View Full Version : Fan settings vix 2.3 help

boxer29
12-01-12, 22:42
Updated to vix 2.want to know how to set fan setting for that image
Thanks

silverfox0786
12-01-12, 22:57
the fan normally doesnt need to run using a plugin it runs by its self

all the available fan plugins are there for tweeking the fan to user preferences

which i would suggest not bothering with

boxer29
12-01-12, 23:03
Thanks
Left it as it as

Rob van der Does
13-01-12, 07:09
Well I would and I do. The fan of the DUO always runs at 100%, even when in standby. You can be lucky, but there are many reports of fans making a lot of noise, especially when getting older.
The plugin allows you to stop the fan when in standby, which is a major improvement. To prevent possible overheating, the fan will nevertheless turn on when a recording is being made.
And for those who think or are afraid the box to become too hot in standby, the fan can be set to run for e.g. 5 minutes every 30 minutes (adjustable).

The newer UNO & Ultimo have a temperature regulated fan that hardly requires any tweaking (although many tweaks are available for it).

boxer29
13-01-12, 12:41
well if my box is not getting hot i think i will leave it as it is
its not noisy either
lets see what happens when the box gets old
thanks for the info though

boxer29
13-01-12, 12:45
well my fan is not causing any problems at the moment
and my box is not getting hot either
lets see what happens when it gets old
thanks for your adivce though

Markymark
14-01-12, 11:36
Just looking on my UNO and the fan plugin says no - on the option to run in standby. Will it auto kick in though if the box gets to warm?

Rob van der Does
14-01-12, 11:47
Just looking on my UNO and the fan plugin says no - on the option to run in standby. Will it auto kick in though if the box gets to warm?
Nope, it will shutdown the box if it gets over the temperature as stated in the settings.
Wich fancontrol are you using: the one that came with the image or Fancontrol2?

Markymark
14-01-12, 11:48
The one that came with VIX.

Rob van der Does
14-01-12, 12:07
OK, that's simple and fine. I have several boxes with fan = off in standby, never ever had any problem.
If you're not sure, you could install fancontrol2; that allows you to get a 48 hrs temp-graph in the webbrowser of your PC. That way you can see for yourself that all is OK.

Edit: sorry: just noticed that you have a DUO; that box isn't compatible with fancontrol2. UNO & Ultimo are. And the box won't shutdown on overheating, so a setting like 5/30 or 5/60 would be just fine.

Markymark
14-01-12, 12:19
No I have a UNO. So is this available from the downloads option on the box?

Rob van der Does
14-01-12, 12:33
No I have a UNO. So is this available from the downloads option on the box?
Ah, you're in the wrong section then. But yes, it is.