PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo configuration of third dvb-s2 tuner

RichT
12-01-12, 18:41
Hi,

I'm trying to setup the third s2 tuner on my ultimo which is a motorised dish system.

I have first tuner set to 'positioner', second set to 'second cable of motorized lnb' and was expecting a similar option for the third tuner, but third cable of motorized lnb isnt an option!:confused:

Has anyone got this working or have any suggestions?

Thanks

RichT

Ev0
12-01-12, 19:04
Can't you set it up as equal to tuner b ?

RichT
12-01-12, 20:15
I can setup same as tuner A but not sure what this does, havent had a chance to test yet.

Cheers

RichT

Ev0
12-01-12, 21:04
If that doesn't work, then maybe try using tuner C as the motorised tuner, on my box I can then set tuner B equal to tuner C and tuner A as second cable of motorized LNB Tuner C.

I think that "should" do what you are looking for ?

Rob van der Does
13-01-12, 07:24
I have first tuner set to 'positioner', second set to 'second cable of motorized lnb' and was expecting a similar option for the third tuner, but third cable of motorized lnb isnt an option!:confused:

Does your motorised LNB actually have a third cable? If not, use a loopthrough from tuner b to tuner c and make the setting accordingly.

And just to be sure: does the motorised dish indeed have a second cable leading to tuner 2? If not, use a loopthrough from tuner a to tuner b and make the setting accordingly.

Be aware that using (multiple) loopthrough's will diminish your reception options drastically. I would suggest to add a fixed dish with (at least) twin LNB('s).

RichT
13-01-12, 23:17
I have a quad lnd on the motorised dish each with a cable so was expecting to be able to use each tuner fully independently.

Still have to test equal too option to see if that has any limitations - unfortunately been to busy today.

I might eventually setup the third tuner with another fixed dish but for now just have the one dish.

Thanks

RichT

Rob van der Does
14-01-12, 07:19
I have a quad lnd on the motorised dish each with a cable so was expecting to be able to use each tuner fully independently.
OK, so if the lead to the motor goes to tuner 1 that tuner must be set to USALS. Two other leads coming directly from the second and third output of the LNB go to tuner 2 & 3; they both must be set to "second cable from motori........".
And freedome is relative: as there's only one motor all tuners can only look at the same satellite.

"equal to" is the wrong option, as the tuners 2 & 3 then expect to be able to move the motor, which is not the case.

mynameis
14-01-12, 13:40
thanks for the info rob van der does ,you have answered the question i was goin to ask

RichT
14-01-12, 20:51
Thanks Rob, I have tried your second cable suggestion, but unfortunately i am not even given this option for the 3rd tuner for some reason.

Rob van der Does
15-01-12, 08:57
Thanks Rob, I have tried your second cable suggestion, but unfortunately i am not even given this option for the 3rd tuner for some reason.
Hmmm, indeed you're right. A pity!
So you're left with setting tuner 3 to loopthrough from tuner 1 or 2.

RichT
15-01-12, 19:47
Yes, definately a pity that there seems to be a limitation with third tuner. This should probably be fed back to vu+ assuming its driver rather than image related.

Rob van der Does
15-01-12, 19:53
Yes, definately a pity that there seems to be a limitation with third tuner. This should probably be fed back to vu+ assuming its driver rather than image related.
No sorry mate, it's an enigma restriction.

no66
16-01-12, 10:44
So atm a 3rd tuner in an Ultimo wont work? I was thinking 3 leads from a quad Lnb to each tuner

Ev0
16-01-12, 10:48
So atm a 3rd tuner in an Ultimo wont work? I was thinking 3 leads from a quad Lnb to each tuner

The 3rd tuner works fine on the Ultimo, it just seems there might be an issue if you need 3 feeds from 1 lnb on a motorised dish.

I currently have 3 dvb s2 tuners on my ultimo, A and B both go to mini dish, and then C goes to my motorised dish via a diseqc switch so I can have a 3rd feed from mini dish just incase there are 3 programs on at the same time worth watching / recording (unlikely I know) which saves having to move the motor for that sat.

Rob van der Does
16-01-12, 10:51
The 3ed tuner works fine on the Ultimo, it just seems there might be an issue if you need 3 feeds from 1 lnb on a motorised dish.
Correct. And as that seems to be a E2 limitation, there's still hope

no66
16-01-12, 12:23
Ok, thanks. Have just ordered a 2 tuner Ultimo as there is a bit of a wait for the 3 tuner version here in Norway. Will order a 3rd tuner later.

turbo10
05-02-12, 22:16
Can some kind person do me an A-B-C-D walk through list of how to set up my dishes to my Ultimo please?
I have 3 tuners
Single LMB on motorized dish
SLY twin LMB's on standard SLY dish.

Stanman
05-02-12, 22:17
A and B simple single and 28.2E C simple positioner than your lat and longitude