PDA

View Full Version : Recordings

cosie
12-01-12, 18:17
Hi guys n gals.recently I've been having problems with programes only being recorded for 8 minutes or 15 minutes and so on,I've never had this problem before.
Most of my recordings are fine and record all the way to the end of the programe.
It's happening on auto timers and normal timers.
I've got the latest vix image installed and epg and picons on USB and working fine.
Thx for reading

psionguy
13-01-12, 13:38
Hi guys n gals.recently I've been having problems with programes only being recorded for 8 minutes or 15 minutes and so on,I've never had this problem before.
Most of my recordings are fine and record all the way to the end of the programe.
It's happening on auto timers and normal timers.
I've got the latest vix image installed and epg and picons on USB and working fine.
Thx for reading

You are not alone, My Duo has starting to have this problem and I have not found a fix yet.

zola25
13-01-12, 16:43
I installed the latest drivers which helped a lot but it does seem like since the new linux kernel there seems to be a lot of problems across various images to do with timeshift and timer recordings

cosie
13-01-12, 19:20
ye i installed the drivers yesterday,so lets see what happends tonite.
very frustrating when your looking foward to watching something and all you get is 8 or 10 mins init

psionguy
13-01-12, 21:25
ye i installed the drivers yesterday,so lets see what happends tonite.
very frustrating when your looking foward to watching something and all you get is 8 or 10 mins init

I have just checked my information, and it looks like my box is up to date, drivers 30/12/2011, kernal 3.1.1 last update 30/12/2011. Could someone confirm that these are the latest drivers?

If they are then the problem is still there, and the recording feature is no longer a reliable option.

tsx
13-01-12, 21:33
Edit oops... sorry I'm stupid (I must read more carefully)

zola25
13-01-12, 23:24
There was a later driver released on 04/01/12 i posted it here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14835-Vu-Duo-crashing-after-timeshift-FF&p=108124#post108124