PDA

View Full Version : Vu Ultimo - Does it have.......

Ex-TM6900
12-01-12, 17:21
Hi,

Does the Ultimo have loop through on the tunerS?

Does PIP work with both SD/HD.

thanks all:cool:

pooface
12-01-12, 17:34
Loopthrough, yes ...

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/image/cache/data/VU-ULTIMO-REAR-WORLD-OF-SATELLITE-VIX-TEAM-500x500.png

PiP, not sure yet...

Donnie
12-01-12, 17:35
If no one replies I will test the pip tonight.

digi247
12-01-12, 17:38
Yes PIP works fine, Got mine yesterday and its running sweet.

Rob van der Does
12-01-12, 17:52
Yes PIP works fine, Got mine yesterday and its running sweet.
Well, PiP works jut fine on SD-channels. On HD-channels you get the I-frames only (--> stuttering).
If you don't want that, you could install the PiPServiceRelations plugin (then it plays the corresponding SD channels in the PiP-window).

digi247
12-01-12, 18:02
Well, PiP works jut fine on SD-channels. On HD-channels you get the I-frames only (--> stuttering).
If you don't want that, you could install the PiPServiceRelations plugin (then it plays the corresponding SD channels in the PiP-window).

Same as with the Xtrend/CT 9000,9100,9200 is this a limitation of the broadcom chipset as i see they all share near identical boards

Ex-TM6900
12-01-12, 18:15
Interesting.... i know the Et9x00 series have the loop through - and i think that it comes with a loop cable.

The PIP is important to me, as i know that ET9x00 series struggles on HD, probably a Broadcom issue, as poster states above.

With respect to the new linux kernel,is there one image that runs stable on this box, i know box is in infacy here..

The price of the box is "high" based upon other makes and marques out their with better or matching hardware specs but support is clearly a factor and the Vu range has this and more .

I mean, an enigma2 box with 2 HD tuners is never going to be cheap!!:smash: